Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How do I remove an orange box on tv screen behind my captions?

Daisyk12_Daisyk12_ Posts: 4 Spectator
edited July 6 in TV Equipment Jun 07, 2022

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
    Jun 07, 2022

Welcome to the Community, @Daisyk12_ !

Since Spectrum makes different boxes and guides, we would need to know the guide on your box. To find this, Google Search, "What guide do I have, Spectrum" The first or second result will prompt you for the type of guides that are in your area. Enter your address at that site to see the guides for your area.

In general, you will want to go under Settings to display captions and make the background box black instead of orange. That is the default setting for most boxes.

Satch

• Daisyk12_Daisyk12_ Posts: 4 Spectator
    Jun 07, 2022

There is a black box behind the words of the caption. I am talking about a larger orange box that is showing behind that. Maybe if I take a picture and share If possible it might help. Thsnks for the reply.

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 336 Moderator
    Jun 07, 2022

Good afternoon and welcome to the Spectrum Community, @Daisyk12_ !

I know there are options to change various closed captioning options through streaming over the web (through a web browser) like this:

But I was not able to change the closed-captioned settings except on and off with the box we have here to test with. That said, are you streaming it over the web on your TV, using a particular app? Also, you may want to check the settings on the TV itself.

Glad you are here!

Randy

Jun 07, 2022

I only noticed it with recording on the dvr and viewing live with the tv. I did check my Amazon Frestick and the captioning is fine there. There is no orange box behind it. So I don’t have a clue what has caused this or how to get rid of it. Thank you for responding.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
    Jun 08, 2022

Good evening @Randy_S and @Daisyk12_ !

@Daisyk12_ The top of your screen is throwing me off in the photo you provided. I am not familiar with a Spectrum Guide Cable Box with that kind of configuration in its menu. @Randy_S have you seen this type of screen?

@Daisyk12_ Do you have traditional cable box DVR service or Cloud DVR service from Spectrum? I could be wrong, but that top menu looks like Spectrum service is being received through a third party box or streaming app?

Satch

Jun 08, 2022

No worries, I rebooted my tv twice and the orange box went away.. thanks for the help.

This discussion has been closed.