Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

Error message 'Unfortunately, My Spectrum has stopped' ?

KingmichKingmich Posts: 8 Spectator
edited July 13 in My Spectrum App Jun 08, 2022

Every since the update on 6/07 i cant use the my spectrum app anymore i have delete it redeloaded it 4 times it lets me sing in every time just fine but once it starts load into the main app it just crashes

app size is insane as well it seems even after deleteing other apps thinking i need room for it still nothing it just keeps crashing

so im asking is there any way for me to edit my wifi profile or do anything over my internet online not using the phone app? cause it doesnt seem to work at all anymore for me and it seems im tons of internet and wifi issue so that was whole point of the app to check this right?

Best Answer

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 328 Moderator
    edited June 13 Jun 13, 2022 Answer ✓

@Kingmich wrote:

as of today i have gotten new cell phone and my spectrum app works on it

i guess my cell phone was too old to work with the new my spectrum update

thank you all for trying to help me on this

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear the app is working on the new phone for you! If you run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to reach out on the community anytime.

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Jun 08, 2022

Hi @Kingmich! Welcome to our community!

The only way to edit WiFi settings is by signing in to the app or spectrum.net. Can you check to see if there are any software updates available for your device? Have you tried rebooting the device and your internet modem? Do you have any other devices you can test this on?

• KingmichKingmich Posts: 8 Spectator
    Jun 08, 2022

@William_M i only have one cellphone the app work before i have no software updates for my device i have restarted my phone 4 times in total

i have try everything for my phone but thank you for the info over being able to use spectrum.net that will help me since the phone app doesnt work anymore

Jun 10, 2022

Have you tried rebooting your internet modem? It controls several functions of the app such as automatic sign in and reboots can help fix that. If that does not help I recommend deleting your app data and cache.

Jun 11, 2022

i have delete the app data and cache and redownloaded the app and it still isnt working and i have rebooted my internet modem but that has not help app at all either but my network is working better now at least but i can still not use the phone app it continues to say "Unfortunately, My spectrum has stopped"

Jun 11, 2022

Does the same thing happen if you try to sign in on mobile data instead of WiFi? Were you able to successfully sign in by going to Spectrum.net?

Jun 11, 2022

yes using mobile data or wifi both have the same thing pop up before my spectrum says it has stopped again

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Jun 11, 2022

Good morning -

One other thing we can have you try, if you have not done so already is delete the app from your phone, restart it one more time, and then reinstall the app to see if that has any effect.

Please let us know if that works or not.

Paul_B

Jun 11, 2022

@Paul_B i have just done this and it does not work sign into the app and it has welcome back to my spectrum and is loading before crashing on me saying "Unfortunately, My spectrum has stopped" again

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Jun 11, 2022

@Kingmich Just out of curiosity, do you have any other devices that you can try this one such as a tablet?

Paul_B

Jun 11, 2022

@Paul_B No i do not sorry.

Jun 12, 2022

Is your phone running IOS 12+ or Android 5.0+?

You mentioned a large app size. My phone shows the My Spectrum app is 129 MB, how big is yours?

Jun 12, 2022

i am running Android 6.0

and it seems the my spectrum app is 48.38 mb so not as big just not huge amount of space on my phone google play even says the my spectrum app should work on my phone as well

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 443 Moderator
    Jun 12, 2022

Thank you for that information. Are you able to provide a screen shot the exact error message that is being received when trying to access the My Spectrum App?

Jun 12, 2022

as of today i have gotten new cell phone and my spectrum app works on it

i guess my cell phone was too old to work with the new my spectrum update

thank you all for trying to help me on this

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 443 Moderator
    Jun 13, 2022

You're welcome, glad to hear that the app is working. I hope that you have a good day!

This discussion has been closed.