Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Caller ID still a problem

Rons99Rons99 Posts: 7 Participant
edited August 9 in Spectrum Mobile Jun 11, 2022

We have two mobile lines and one land line. One of the mobile lines' ID changed from my wife's ID to that of a stranger when we moved the account from Sprint/Tmobile. This caused problems because recipients screening calls will not answer. Contacted Spectrum service at local office who advised they were helpless and referred me to Spectrum mobile. Contacted them with same results, helpless. For a company touting its service and technical expertise to allow this to occur for years without remediation is not acceptable. As noted in other posts on this issue, I, too, am considering a new carrier.

Best Answer

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 297 Moderator
    Jun 12, 2022 Answer ✓

Thank you. We can submit a request to have the caller ID name changed, though it would default to Wireless Caller. Would you like us to get that request set up for you?

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 505 Moderator
    Jun 11, 2022

Good morning -

Our apologies for the caller ID issues. Typically what displays on the caller ID is the responsibility of the phone carrier receiving the call. When a call is received, the receiving carrier queries their caller ID database and then it displays on the caller ID display of the person receiving the call.

With that said, is the caller ID incorrect on all calls? Or just some calls? If it is just some calls, do you happen to know what phone carriers the caller ID is incorrect on?

Paul_B

• Rons99Rons99 Posts: 7 Participant
    Jun 11, 2022

All calls. My spouse's phone registers as Angelica Rios. We do not know this person. I just called from her mobile to the land line. Same. Both are Spectrum.

Jun 12, 2022

Yes, please.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    Jun 12, 2022

I will send you a private message from our @Community_Help handle so we can verify your account information. You can see private messages by clicking the envelope in the top right corner of this page.

Jun 18, 2022

I switched a phone from Sprint to Spectrum mobile recently. Since then, the caller ID comes up as Angelica Rios. The phone number did not change. I contacted Spectrum office and was told the local office could not help. I finally found this community and asked for help. Spectrum replied and after I supplied identification information sent this message on 12 Jun 22: Thank you. I was able to get this updated for you. It may take up to 24 hours for the Name to show as Wireless Caller. On our network we do not have the ability to set it to a specific Name. If you do have any further questions or concerns please let us know.

I am letting you know that I gave it over 10 days to reset, no joy. Advise.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    edited June 19 Jun 19, 2022

Hi @Rons99, sorry to hear this hasn't correctly updated. We can submit another request to fix this, however I am curious what provider the person you are calling to test this has, or if you have called multiple people with different providers reporting the same thing?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,558 ADMIN
    edited June 22 Jun 21, 2022

Hi @Rons99,

Just checking in to see if you are still having the issue with caller ID, please let us know if it is not resolved.

Thanks!

Jun 21, 2022

Not resolved. Still id's as Angelica Rios. Very frustrating.

Jun 22, 2022

Thanks for confirming, we will escalate again to the mobile team. Does the wrong caller ID show up with every call, or only certain carriers, like AT&T or T-Mobile?

Jun 27, 2022

Hi @Rons99

Just checking in to see if the caller ID issue has been resolved., Let us know if you are still seeing an issue.

Thanks!

Jun 28, 2022

Yes! So many thanks. It was a long slog of a battle, but it now reads caller unknown. I have divorced Angelica Rios.

Jun 28, 2022

Thanks for confirming and glad to hear the Caller ID issue has been corrected! Our goal is to keep you happy as a customer and I appreciate that you have kept a sense of humor (I'm sure Ms Rios is a lovely person and we wish her well)!

Please keep us in mind anytime you have a question and let us know if we can ever assist in the future.

Jul 07, 2022

We received an unwelcome present on 4 July. Angelica Rios is back.

Jul 07, 2022

That is quite odd, since you saw the issue resolved previously. Does the issue occur on every call, or just certain calls with specific carriers? It is possible that the caller ID information has not updated with every provider.

Jul 07, 2022

@Rons99

As well, I reached out to our mobile support team to let them know the issue returned and they are investigating. When I recieve any new information, I will provide an update. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.