Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why am I paying for 1 GB per second and getting 50 mb per second?

Mike_Q_72Mike_Q_72 Posts: 3 Spectator
in Connectivity Jun 16, 2022

We recently "upgraded" from 400 mb/sec to 1 gb/sec. Our bill certainly reflects it however speed tests run on consecutive days show a maximum of 55 mb/sec, one 20th of what we are paying for. We did not accept the wi fi router from Spectrum as their equipment tends to be outdated going instead for a state of the art Netgear Nighthawk. To me this smacks of false advertising.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Jun 16, 2022

Hi!

Can you repeat the speed test on a direct connect to the modem and let us know the results?

• Mike_Q_72Mike_Q_72 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jun 21, 2022

I did many times. One time I got 650 mbs but it is consistent at 300 or 30% of what i am being billed for.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Jun 21, 2022

Thanks.

The modem was last restarted 7 days ago. Please try restarting the modem and repeat the speed test. If the speed is still off, then we recommend setting up a service call .

• Mike_Q_72Mike_Q_72 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jun 22, 2022

I will set up a service call. after restarting modem best I got was 287