Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Spectrum TV APP on ROKU Box - one channel not formatting to HD

tscurlotscurlo Posts: 7 Participant
edited June 23 in Channels & Programming Jun 23, 2022

Evansville, Indiana

Channel 436 - MeTV

This issued started two days ago.

This channel shows old TV shows in the 4:3 format. (Leave it to Beaver, Perry Mason, Hogans Hero's)

Two days ago.... the Picture seems like it is being compressed on both sides... meaning.... meaning the

objects, faces, etc are Longer and narrower on the screen. The picture was fine... two days ago.

This doesn't happen on any of the other older channels with the 4:3 format... just 436 (MeTV).

Can someone in distribution check the format settings for that channel and see if they accidentally hit a setting... which threw it out of whack.

Like I said... it started two days ago. Maybe there was a software update or something that switched it.

All other channels are fine. Just 436

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Jun 23, 2022

Hi!

Have you tried restarting the Roku? Restarting the device usually resolves most issues.

• tscurlotscurlo Posts: 7 Participant
    edited June 24 Jun 24, 2022

Rebooting Roku didn't resolve the issue.

As mentioned.... there are other channels like MeTV, as in ISNP (channel 18 on Spectrum App), which have the 4:3 formatting.... and there are no issues with those channels. It's only the MeTV channel 436.

Also... commercials on the channel appear as HD (wide screen).... but have small black columns on each side of the picture. So the HD does not go all the way out to the edges of the screen. That tells me there is an issue with the settings. It's not my TV..... because all the other channels look normal. It's just MeTV (436) with the issue.

As mentioned.... it is my believe that there may have been an update to the MeTV channel settings on Spectrums end, which is causing this issue. The problem is getting to those people to let them know and to check into the issue. But trying to contact tech support.... is like pulling teeth.... and it never gets elevated to the right group to look at it.

Hopefully.... it will resolve itself. It picture is viewable... it's just annoying that the picture is stretched vertically.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 485 Moderator
    Jun 24, 2022

Thank you for following up. Do you have any other devices that you are able to try this out on to see if the same problems presents itself?

Paul_B