Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

Viewing a show On Demand with the ROKU stick

jazzykebjazzykeb Posts: 3 Spectator
edited August 18 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for ROKU Jun 24, 2022

Every time I watch a show On Demand, I will get booted out of the picture several times, taken to the menu every time, and have to reenter the show I'm watching. Has anyone else had or is having this issue and can advise me on how to resolve?

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Jun 24, 2022

Hello @jazzykeb and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. When this happens, do you receive any sort of error message? If so, what is the error? One thing you can try is to uninstall and re-install the Spectrum TV app from the Roku store to see if that resolves the issue.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Paul_B

• LAWKLAWK Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2022

I'm having the same issue. It happens every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour (ex 6:00 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm) whenever We're watching shows from our dvr recordings it kicks out of the show back to the list of recorded episodes. We then have to resume the show... very annoyed that we're interrupted every 30 minutes!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,644 ADMIN
    Jul 19, 2022

@LAWK

Sorry for any issue with the app. What troubleshooting have you tried already?

• jazzykebjazzykeb Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jul 19, 2022

I have uninstalled/re-installed the Spectrum TV app on my ROKU stick as well as rebooted the Spectrum modem and as of this writing--nothing has worked, and I continue to have the same annoying and frustrating issue.

Jul 19, 2022

@jazzykeb

Please try restarting the Roku from the settings menu and also restart the modem again. If the issue continues, please try replicating the issue with a different device (such as a smartphone or tablet).

Thanks!

• jazzykebjazzykeb Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jul 19, 2022

James,

I have started and restarted the Roku and the modem as you mentioned above--multiple times. Also, I have called Tech support to inquire about whether anyone in their department they could resolve the issue (Tech support also requested I try the same methods--but to no avail.) In my opinion, even if I attempted to use a different device to see if I would have this annoying issue on a tablet, desktop, or smartphone--it's not an anomaly that's only happening to me and LAWK.

Jul 19, 2022

Trying a different device helps to rule out an equipment issue with the Roku itself. Our records indicate that the modem was last restarted 7 days ago. If you would like to continue troubleshooting, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.