Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How can I delete a series set to record when no episodes are scheduled...

jdelfavero9jdelfavero9 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 3 in TV Equipment Jun 25, 2022

...as with a series that ran its course or was canceled?

There was a thread on this topic from 2020 which was closed to further discussion. It was commented there that Spectrum is working on a solution. So, two years later and no solution?

One poster recommended highlighting the series and in the Priority list and pressing the "C" remote button. A message appears asking if I'm sure I want to delete the series but when confirming "yes" a message appears saying that function cannot be performed.

Does anybody know if there is limit to the number of series one can have in the Priority list? Has anybody maxed out and what happened next?

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
    Jun 26, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @jdelfavero9 ,

Welcome to the forum! I remember that thread and several responses, If you are running the new Spectrum Guide, my understanding is that there must be an existing episode of a series in the 14-day database in order for the series to be deleted. I remember the request for an update to Spectrum Guide to get this changed. Changed where any request to delete a series just deleted the series.

Spectrum needs at least three people to request a feature to escalate it on their priority list.

I don't think there is a limit to the number of series one can have in the Priority List. There is a 1TB limit for DVR storage space on the new modern boxes. This amounts to about 100 hours of HD programing that can be saved.. Most of the DVR's being given out today are either 2 tuners or 4 tuners on the "No Clock" World Boxes.

A DVR however is not designed to be a permanent storage archive. Users might have box problems if they are getting up to about 75% full and not watching their shows. Updates to the boxes/guides might delete shows. I recommend that people watch their recorded shows, (Either individual movies/shows or series episodes,) within 30 days of being aired and than deleting them. This strategy will make your DVR run better.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.