Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Hurricane Ian Update

Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.

Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com

Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina

Will there be functionality to view program while fast forwarding?

gomer79gomer79 Posts: 4 Spectator
edited August 3 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for ROKU Jul 02, 2022

I recently switched to spectrum for another provider and the service is working very well with one exception. I cannot see the program while I'm fast forwarding which prevents me from fast forwarding through commercials or while watching a sporting event fast forwarding for certain portions of the game while seeing the score.

Is this only a limitation with the Roku app and if so when will it be fixed? If it works with other streaming devices such as Chromecast please let me know. They're also does not appear to be an option to fast forward a set interval such as 10 seconds or 30 seconds which would also be useful as a stop cap solution.

Please let me know as this is almost a deal breaker That would cause me to go back to my old service or find a new TV service.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 536 Moderator
    Jul 02, 2022

Hello @gomer79 and Welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I have tested this out here in our office and this is not currently a feature that is available in our app. I can certainly pass along feedback to our development that this is a feature that you would like to see.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Paul_B

• gomer79gomer79 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Jul 02, 2022

Is it a feature in the app of the other platform other than Roku? Such as Chromecast?

What Is the best way to get this feature added to the development list?

Also I saw other posts stating that the skip forward 10 second feature among others stopped working in the most recent update. Is there any plans to to fix that feature along with the ability to pause live TV?

Thanks.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 328 Moderator
    Jul 03, 2022

Hello @gomer79

We're always happy to pass along feedback on what features customers would like to see or would like to see added back to the app, but our developers do not provide us information on what features are being worked on or when they are due to be released. At this time the ability to see the content that you are fast forwarding though is not available on any of our platforms.

Jul 03, 2022

Ok Thanks please pass this along.

What about the ability to tap a button to jump forward a set amount like 10 or 15 seconds. It sounds to me from other posts that that used to be a feature at least on the Roku platform up until a couple weeks ago?

Thanks again for all the help and information.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Jul 03, 2022

I'm unsure why the skip button was removed, I will be happy to forward feedback on that as well.

Jul 03, 2022

Thanks please do. Is there any other tips or tricks I should be aware of in order to fast forward through commercials or to a certain point in a show when I can't see any sort of a preview?

I appreciate the help however not having the preview feature or a skip button is proving to be very frustrating for my family and may cause us to decide not to move forward with the service. I would really like to stay with the service as everything else a husband working well.

This discussion has been closed.