Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

My app keeps turning off and start up ch resets to Bay News9

Shawn_F1Shawn_F1 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited August 9 in Spectrum TV for Apple & Apple TV Jul 12, 2022

I have noticed that when I set my startup channel to any other channel it reverts back to Bay News9 always as default.

When I start the app and go to a previously watch channel it will play for a few minutes and then turn off closing the app.

The app updated and now I have over 30 Spectrum news channels from all over the US available to watch, why cant I block them or the app realize my location to show only my local?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,644 ADMIN
    Jul 12, 2022

Hi and welcome!

I've included a link to Explore the Spectrum TV App for Apple TV for you to check out. The link includes instructions on filtering channels and also setting up the start up channel.

• Shawn_F1Shawn_F1 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Jul 12, 2022

Yeah that just show it by selecting my favorites. Why does the app now show all the Spectrum News1 channels for all over the US? Also what about my other question I ask?

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Jul 13, 2022

I'm sorry, I do not have a specific reason why those channels are available other than some customers may want to view them.

As far as the other issues you are having with the app, I recommend rebooting your modem and reinstalling the app. Also check to see if there are any software updates available for your device.

This discussion has been closed.