Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Hurricane Ian Update

Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.

Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com

Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina

The Spectrum App will not let me change the device names on my network.

OharryOharry Posts: 5 Spectator
edited September 7 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Jul 15, 2022

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 370 Moderator
    Jul 15, 2022

Good afternoon @Oharry and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

If you have our advanced in home wifi, you can open the "My Spectrum" app and go to "Services & Equipment." Then tap on the "Router" link. After that, you will see a photo of your router and then tap on the "Manage Devices" link. Scroll through the list of devices, tap the one you want to rename, scroll down a little bit and tap "Edit Device Name." Then change the name and save. You should be good to go.

Randy

• OharryOharry Posts: 5 Spectator
    Jul 15, 2022

That's what I have done and the name does not take. I have seen on other forums that this was a known issue and was to be fixed woth an update to the app.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 328 Moderator
    Jul 16, 2022

We're not aware of any issues with this in the app currently. Do you get any kind of error message or does it save and when you open the app again, it's reverted back to what it was previously?

Jul 16, 2022

It reverts back to what it was originally.

Jul 17, 2022

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app already?

Jul 17, 2022

Yes

Jul 17, 2022

When you've made the change, have you been connected to the home internet? If so, are you able to try doing it on mobile data or when connected to a different network to see if the same thing happens?

• George_DaoGeorge_Dao Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2022

I have exactly the same problem, and none of the above fix suggestions helps. I was able to assign nickname to devices, which never had nicknames before. Specifically, the problem for me is renaming a device nickname a 2nd time, which I previously assigned a nickname the 1st time. The router did not take the 2nd nickname and always reverted back to the 1st nickname.

Today I had Spectrum Tech Support escalate this bug to their software engineers and am waiting for their response.

Jul 20, 2022

So, I have found is you reboot the router and then rename a device, it keeps the new name. But you have to do this each time you rename.

• choprdoc_1choprdoc_1 Posts: 19 Participant
    Aug 16, 2022

Good luck. I haven't been able to see anything under my services since I got spectrum. Nothing under internet, home phone or WiFi. Cannot manage anything on the app of spectrum.net. They told me it is a known issue with the modems they are using. Really sucks when I have three grandkids here and can't manage the WiFi

This discussion has been closed.