Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Unable to modify devices

DesjasmomDesjasmom Posts: 5 Spectator
edited September 7 in Troubleshooting the My Spectrum App Jul 18, 2022

I'm not able to pause/unpause, modify pause schedule, turn on/off pause schedule. Help

Replies

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 48 Moderator
    Jul 18, 2022

Hi there and welcome to our Forum! I am sorry that you are not able to access your modem with the My Spectrum App. Have you attempted to reset the Modem and Router yet?

• DesjasmomDesjasmom Posts: 5 Spectator
    Jul 19, 2022

Yep. I also uninstaled and reinstalled the app.

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 48 Moderator
    Jul 19, 2022

Thank you for trying the reset. When you did this did you do this by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes?

• User33User33 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2022

I don’t have any options on my app to notify anything. I can view and pay the bill and that it. No parental controls or seeing who is using the wifi.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,801 ADMIN
    Jul 19, 2022

@User33

Which version of the app are you using and what device are you using? Have you tried restarting the modem?

Jul 22, 2022

I tried unplugging the router and modem. Still not working

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 454 Moderator
    Jul 22, 2022

You should be able to select services at the bottom and then tap router under WiFi to see a list of connected devices. You select one of the devices and will have options to pause it or create a pause schedule. At which point are you not able to proceed?

Jul 22, 2022

Turning on the pause schedule. Edit pause schedule. Pause a device. It pops up with a screen saying

" Unable to complete request

We are unable to save your changes. Please try again later"

Jul 22, 2022

What device are you using to access the app? Do you have a different device that you can try?

• MileMile Posts: 5 Spectator
    Aug 02, 2022

I am having the same issue since last update. I have tried resetting everything and logging out and back in. Have also unistalled app and re-download. I am unable to set a schedule or edit one on any device. I have went to the trouble of even unpairing device and then reconnect it.

Aug 02, 2022

@Mile

What device (make / model) are you using for the app?

Aug 02, 2022

I'm using a Samsung 20fe.

Aug 03, 2022

Samsung S21

Aug 03, 2022

@Mile It looks like you are using a router which is not is not compatible with the advanced functions of our app. You would need to upgrade to a model starting with SAC2V. You are welcome to exchange the router at any Spectrum store.

@Desjasmom Do you have a different device you can test with? If it still doesn't work will you please try a factory reset of the router by holding down the reset button on the back for 30+ seconds?

edited August 5 Aug 05, 2022

It worked fine before the latest app update. I was able to create an edit schedule to shut certain devices. Yes the router has had a factory restart. I didn't really worry about for the summer, but with kids starting school soon. I need to be able to shut them off. I have tried it with a different phone (S20 Samsung) same issue.

If all else fails I will use your recommendation and return router and get a new one.

Edit: router model is SAC2V1K

Aug 05, 2022

Sorry, my mistake @Mile, I must have been looking at the wrong account. I do now see you have the SAC2V1K. Are you getting the same "Unable to complete request" error? Does it happen regardless of the device you select? I have tried pausing (and then unpausing) one of your devices from my end and it worked without error.

Aug 05, 2022

So I can pause and unpause manually but it won't let me edit or change it to pause or unpause using a schedule.

Aug 06, 2022

@Mile Do you get a "Unable to complete request" error?

Will you please try clearing your app data and cache? You can do this by going to settings and then Apps. Select My Spectrum, tap Storage, and then tap clear data and then clear cache.

Aug 10, 2022

I have cleared all data/cache with no changes. Still unable to edit or have a pause schedule. This started with last update within the app so I'm guessing it had something to do with that.

This discussion has been closed.