Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

My Spectrum App error 'failed to get data'

choprdoc_1choprdoc_1 Posts: 19 Participant
edited August 31 in My Spectrum App Jul 20, 2022

My spectrum app under services has started showing " failed to get data's on everything but mobile service. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still the same. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Jul 20, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @choprdoc_1, welcome to our community!

I located your account from your community registration and I am seeing you just got a new modem yesterday. It can take 48-72 hours for the app to recognize this change.

Replies

• choprdoc_1choprdoc_1 Posts: 19 Participant
    Jul 20, 2022

Thanks for the reply, just had me worried because I could see everything last night

Jul 20, 2022

You're welcome!

Jul 21, 2022

William, the app is still not working under the services tab. On the home page at the top of is saying to finish setting up equipment, then lists the modem. The technician set everything up when he installed everything. It even listed the modern and the WiFi on the my spectrum app after he set it all up. Why is it saying to set it up again?

Jul 22, 2022

I'm sorry, it has not quite been 72 hours yet so it may just need more time. For now all I can recommend is rebooting the modem and then the router, and reinstalling the app again. Are you having any problems with the service itself or just the app?

Jul 22, 2022

Just the app. Would be nice to be able to control the WiFi. I had already done everything you have suggestion with no change. Thanks

Jul 23, 2022

@choprdoc_1 It should be more than 72 hours now, are you still having this issue?

Jul 23, 2022

Yes, still doing the same thing. Showing"Failed to get data" under every service

Jul 23, 2022

Sorry to be repetitive, but will you please try rebooting the modem just one more time? Are you having any problems using the service itself?

Jul 23, 2022

I rebooted everything. Everything is working correctly except the My Spectrum App. Still says failed to get data for all services.

Jul 23, 2022

Do you have any other devices you can test the app on?

Jul 23, 2022

Getting the same thing on the different devices

Jul 23, 2022
    Jul 23, 2022

When you first open the app after reinstalling does it sign you in automatically, or are you entering a username and password?

Are you able to go to the billing tab, select view statements, tap on this months statement, and then view PDF statement? If so, does it have your address listed correctly?

Jul 23, 2022

It signs in automatically and yes I can view the PDF and address is correct

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Jul 23, 2022

Hello @choprdoc_1

I'd like to see if we can narrow this down a bit more, if possible. Are you able to log directly into Spectrum.net from a computer and click on Your Services? If so, do you see your new modem and router in there? If you do, are you able to make any changes in there? I am trying to find out if this is solely an app issue, or if there is some sort of issue with the account.

Thank you.

Paul_B

Jul 23, 2022

It shows the same thing on the computer.

Jul 23, 2022

That's under home phone

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Jul 23, 2022

Ok. Thank you for trying that. I am going to reach out to you with our @Community_Help handle to gather some additional information. I am going to need to escalate a ticket to our engineers to see if we can figure out what is going on here. Please look out for this message from me shortly.

Paul_B

Jul 28, 2022

On my spectrum app home page it says to activate equipment, but technician activated equipment and under the my services tab, everything says "Failed to get Internet, phone and TV data". Cannot see anything. I have rebooted both the modem and wifi routers, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Even set my wife up as admin and see the same thing on hers.

Aug 06, 2022

Would be really nice if someone could fix this. The answer I got was there is a outage in your area. WTH? Can not manage anything. Spectrums app is useless

Aug 06, 2022

And this is all I get on spectrum.net. But you can bet they can show what I owe them

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 327 Moderator
    Aug 07, 2022

I apologize for the frustration. I do see that the ticket for the issue that is impacting customer's with your particular modem are unable to access the equipment from within the app is still open. Our developers are working to get a fix rolled out as quickly as possible, but they haven't given us a release date for that to be rolled out.

Aug 07, 2022

It's not only impacting the app but also on spectrum.net. very frustrating

Aug 13, 2022

If spectrum can not get this fix, is there any way to change modems to one that does work with spectrum.net and the app?

Aug 15, 2022

Can anyone answer that question above??

Aug 16, 2022

Does anyone know what modem will work with spectrum.net account and spectrum app? This is ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.