Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

recording I program I am currently watching

jdombjdomb Posts: 4 Spectator
edited August 24 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Jul 24, 2022

While I am watching a program i attempt to record it.When i do so it jumps to another channel to tape.For example when I try to tape channel4 while watching it the recording will go to channel1.

I do not have any problem recording a program in the furture.I am using a ROKU.

Best Answer

• jdombjdomb Posts: 4 Spectator
    Jul 24, 2022 Answer ✓

after fooling wiith all the buttons on the ROKU I appear to have solved the problem.I sign onto a channel and started wathing it. If I press the up button on the Roku it offers a record option. Much different than recording a future program but iy does work. Mnay thanks for the effort😀

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 443 Moderator
    Jul 24, 2022

Good morning and welcome to our community. I am sorry for the trouble with setting up your recordings. Can you please log out of the Spectrum TV app, restart the Roku.

Please follow these steps to reset the Roku:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
    2. Scroll and select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
    5. Select System restart.

Once the Roku has been restarted, please re-open the app and see if you can set up the recording.

Jul 24, 2022

I have tried that several times and called spectrum but they have not helped at all. I can record regularly but when I am watching a show(on any channel) and a try to record it jumps back several stations.I have tried the regualr way to record pressing the home buttom with no results and then trying the rewind button where it jumps cavk several stations.

thank you

Jul 24, 2022

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Jul 24, 2022

i just did that but still will only record future programs not one I am currently watching

thanks

Jul 24, 2022

Thank you. Does this occur with all programs that you try to record or just a specific channel/program?

This discussion has been closed.