Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

On demand glitch

Remote98Remote98 Posts: 34 Contributor
edited August 24 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for ROKU Jul 25, 2022

While I am watching something on demand, it will just kick me out of what I am watching and back to the episode list. This will occur several times while I am watching. It is very frustrating. It’s been going on for about a month. I have rebooted modem, router and box twice no it is still occurring. Please help.

Replies

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 40 Moderator
    Jul 26, 2022

Hello and Good Evening @Remote98

My apologies for the concerns you have encountered with our On Demand service. I will need to ask a few questions to determine the best course of action for you.

1. Is this happening on all devices or just one?
    2. Is this happening on all On Demand options or one particular series?
    3. Have you tried the On Demand while not connected to your home network? Like on a mobile device?
  • Remote98Remote98 Posts: 34 Contributor
    Jul 26, 2022
    1. we have only one tv hooked up to roku ultra.
    2. it has happend on hln very scary people and on Nickelodeon Henry danger.
    3. we use use the spectrum tv app on our tv with roku ultra. We don’t use it any other way. We are hardwired into the roku ultra from the back of the wifirouter/modem box.
  • SatchSatch Posts: 4,686 Contributor
    Jul 26, 2022

Sup @Remote98 ?

I know that on the cable boxes that if you pause On Demand it will kick you out after about 5 minutes to the movie description screen. And every once in a blue moon the picture might go blank, and you have to go back to the menu to your In Progress screen, and the movie will play again. On Demand, unlike DVR playback, is transmission from a "live" server source. If you are having issue consistently with your On Demand, @Remote98 , I would suspect a signal or drop-line issue, where you should set up a tech visit service call.

Satch

• Remote98Remote98 Posts: 34 Contributor
    Jul 26, 2022

I’m not pausing anything, I’ll just be watching something and it will just automatically just cut into what I am watching and send me back to the episode list where you choose what to watch. It will happen sometimes three or four times in a hour long show. Maybe I will try tech visit.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,686 Contributor
    Jul 26, 2022

Sup @Remote98?

I suspect signal or line problems. Yes, do a service call.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.