Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

My Library

lightsenshi23lightsenshi23 Posts: 3 Spectator

There needs to be a way to remove programs and channels from My Library. Right now, it feels like it should be called "Spectrum's Library".

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
    Jul 28, 2022

Hello @lightsenshi23

Welcome to the forum! "My Library" is the definition used to indicate the choices of programing on your Spectrum services, as well as On Demand, Movies, Shows, and Series Watched. It is considered a customer portal.

I don't have Spectrum Guide, so I don't know how to remove in progress lists from "My Library." This might be catagories built into the system that can't be changed.

Satch

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    Jul 29, 2022

Hi @lightsenshi23!

I completely understand the number of channels available can be overwhelming sometimes. I get bad choice paralysis and spend way too much time flipping through channels unable to pick something to watch. We offer the ability to mark channels as a favorite, and then you can set your guide filter to only show favorited channels which can make it easier to choose since you do not have to flip through the channels you are not interested in.

• lightsenshi23lightsenshi23 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Aug 01, 2022

Since my question hasn't been answered yet, and the evasion wasn't very good.

How do I remove programs and channels from "My Library.". For something that's supposed to be "Mine", I seem to have ZERO control over it.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
    Aug 01, 2022

@lightsenshi23 ,

You can remove some things like clear your watched recordings, or remove programs from your Watch List. Other menus and options can not be removed, as they are part of the "Library" system of the guide. "My Library" is a channel portal. You have some functionality. But other content is controlled by the cable or dish provider. All companies that have these type of DVR Recording and On Demand functionality work the same way. Not just Spectrum.

Investigating this seems to show that you can only do the following:

1.) Remove Shows from the Progress List

2.) Add and delete shows and people from your Watch List

3.) Delete DVR recordings if you have DVR service.

You can't delete movie or TV show categories from the My Library Portal. They are needed for all customers to be able to search and view the specific shows in the database that they want to watch. You can only remove show content pertaining to personalized watch lists or shows that you have specifically DVR'ed.

Details on how to use "My Library:"

More help on how to use "My Library" (Second topic down.)

Satch

• lightsenshi23lightsenshi23 Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited August 2 Aug 02, 2022

I'm not talking about Watchlist.

I'm talking about "RECENTLY WATCHED".

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    Aug 03, 2022

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of any way to remove shows from recently watched. I will be happy to forward your feedback about this.