Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Hurricane Ian Update

Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.

Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com

Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina

Why can Spectrum Mobile not fix Caller ID Names?

DDillDDill Posts: 3 Spectator
edited August 31 in Spectrum Mobile Jul 28, 2022

I switched to SM 11 months ago. My name was correct on Caller ID until about a month ago. It has changed to a married name that I had 15 years ago. I have called and chatted numerous times. I own a business that being able to identify my calls by caller ID is very important. Spectrum says they have no control over this. They changed it, change it back!! Anyone else having issues or been able to have your name corrected. I do not want my calls to be identified as "Wireless caller," either. Anyone know how to fix this? I am to the point of heading back to Verizon the customer service for SM has much to be desired.

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 443 Moderator
    Jul 28, 2022

Hello and welcome to our community @DDill. Unfortunately at this time we do not set the caller ID to display your Name we do use 'Wireless Caller'. I can certainly submit feedback to our team regarding this.

• DDillDDill Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jul 28, 2022

It was correct and then it changed. Who changed it?

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Jul 29, 2022

I'm sorry, I could only speculate why it was originally changed to a different name. It's unlikely something we did if you only signed up with us 11 months ago and haven't used the name for 15 years, we wouldn't have known that name and we only offer the ability to update it to "Wireless Caller".

• DDillDDill Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jul 29, 2022

It changed back to the very first name that I had when I got my first cell phone with Verizon. I am sure since I switched from Verizon a call to them would be a waste. This is really a game changer for me. I need my name fixed because my business needs my name correct and available.

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 507 Moderator
    Jul 30, 2022

I do apologize for the issues. The caller ID should show up as "Wireless Caller" as we do not currently have the ability to customize the caller ID. What can happen though is other companies have older directories within their system for the number. For example if you are calling a T-Mobile customer T-Mobile's directory may not be updated to show "Wireless Caller". You can call in to 1-833-224-6603 to speak with the mobile team to verify they have it listed as "Wireless Caller"

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.