Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

New Spectrum Guide Bug Report - Can't Remove Entries from Library Watch List

catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 57 Contributor
edited August 1 in TV Equipment Aug 01, 2022

Good Day:

For some time, I'm unable to permanently remove Watch List entries from the New Spectrum Guide on our Humax SP210HE STB.

We remove the entries but they immediately return. I've tried Rebooting the box (both soft and hard power removal) and Refreshing without success.

Firmware V50828078

S/W Version CHARTER_28.3_120

Thanks

Replies

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 27 Moderator
    Aug 01, 2022

Hi @catchtwentyt

I am sorry this is happening when you try to remove the shows from your watch list. We don't currently have any open concerns for this issue. When you reset the box did you do this by unplugging both the power line and the cable line? If not, can you try this again and leave it unplugged for a little longer like 3-5 minutes?

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 57 Contributor
    Aug 01, 2022

Hi Lyn,

I try that later tonight and provide an update.

Thanks

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 27 Moderator
    Aug 01, 2022

Sure thing no problem!

Aug 02, 2022

Hi Lyn:

I tried the suggested steps but they didn't resolve the problem.

Thanks

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
    Aug 02, 2022

Guys,

I still run the ODN Guide, Here is what the Watchlist on Spectrum Guide does:

Watchlist

The Watchlist category displays On Demand titles that you've saved for future viewing.

To add a program to your Watchlist:

1. Press Menu on your remote to open the Spectrum Guide Main Menu.
    2. Scroll to TV Shows or Movies using the arrow buttons and then press OK/Select.
    3. Find a title you want to save to your Watchlist and then press OK/Select.
    4. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Add to Watchlist and then press OK/Select.

If you have Spectrum Guide, and watch On Demand, I was wondering if there was a time interval where the Watchlist would clear itself out. I mean in conditions that don't relate to an overnight software update that might clear it.

It is easy to confuse the On Demand Watchlist on Spectrum Guide with the Recently Watched category:

Recently Watched

The Recently Watched category displays programming that you’ve recently watched.

Note: It may take up to 45 minutes for programming to appear in the Recently Watched section. This section includes any channels that were tuned to and watched for at least one minute and the last three On Demand assets. These will appear first, followed by eight recently watched channels.

@catchtwentytwo My theory is that because Spectrum Guide is even more cloud-based than ODN Guide, I wonder if this is some kind of server issue where Recently Watched content sits on the server, and than when you try to delete it, it goes back to the server and says, "Oh, that title is still here." So it incorrectly throws it back to the Recently Watched Portal?

ODN Guide is a little less confusing. An "In Progress Bar" shows recently watched On Demand content, and if you clear the progress list, the content stays gone.!

@catchtwentytwo , What would happen if you did not try to delete anything from the Spectrum Guide On Demand Recently Watched progress list for at least 24-48 hours? I wonder if those titles would delete on their own? Was this issue always like this? Or recent?

@catchtwentytwo Are these titles that won't vanish free movies and shows that are a part of your Spectrum TV service level? Or are they individual PPV titles? Or a mixture of both?

Satch

Aug 02, 2022

The New Spectrum Guide Watch List is separate from Recently Watched list . You have to manually add each programs from its Info tab (if already in the Watch List, you remove it from a program's Info tab). At this time our Watch List encompasses several HBO multi-episode Series and one from ID.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 26 Contributor
    Aug 02, 2022

@catchtwentytwo : i'm just curious if all of these programs are not currently available i.e. "Remove from Watchlist" is the only option? Or are they all currently available i.e. "Remove from Watchlist" is NOT the only option? Or are neither of these found to be a common denominator?