Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Feedback-Spectrum Needs Two-Step Athentication to be Added to Email

SatchSatch Posts: 4,647 Contributor
in Email Aug 03, 2022

Hey Guys,

Spectrum needs in a big time way to update it's email servers to two step authentication for the best email security. I know of a customer who got hacked and had financial information stolen using Spectrum email, because two-step authentication was not in place. Fortunately, she was able to recover most of her information, and only uses Spectrum email for day-to-day (non-financial) communications.

Several computer security people do not recommend using Spectrum email for financial information, or other sensitive data transactions, unless Two-Step Authentication can be added to their email systems. Yahoo Mail, G Mail, Outlook, all have this feature, which is absolutely essential for financial communications

Some call this security feature. Two Factor Authentication. This is what it does:

Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an option that provides an extra layer of security to your Private Email account in addition to your email and password. When Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, your account cannot be accessed by anyone unauthorized by you, even if they have stolen your password.

Please advise if I am missing something, and if this feature has been added recently.

Satch

Tagged:

Best Answer

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    Aug 03, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Satch!

We don't currently offer two factor authentication for our email service. I will be happy to forward your feedback.