Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Error message in Outlook - can not send email, but can receive

pauljabrupauljabru Posts: 3 Spectator
edited August 5 in Email Aug 05, 2022

I can not send emails using Outlook. I get error message.

Error message AUP*OUT-1120

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    Aug 05, 2022

Hi @pauljabru, welcome to our community!

Are you able to send and receive emails through webmail?

Are you connected to your home Spectrum network?

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 505 Moderator
    Aug 05, 2022

Hello @pauljabru and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

This error message usually means that the IP address you're sending from has an issue with the DNS it is connecting from. Are you currently at home connected to your home WiFi when trying to send these messages?

You can view what these different AUP messages mean by going to the following site: https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes

Paul_B

• pauljabrupauljabru Posts: 3 Spectator
    Aug 06, 2022

Yes, I can use webmail on spectrum to send emails. I am using home internet connect thru ethernet connection, not wifi. It just does not work in Outlook.

Aug 06, 2022

@pauljabru The IP address shown in the error matches the IP you had when you registered your community account here, and is not a Spectrum IP, It looks like you are connected through a VPN or Proxy. Please try disabling this and sending your email.

• pauljabrupauljabru Posts: 3 Spectator
    Aug 06, 2022

My Norton VPN was causing problem. Thank you for your help.

Aug 06, 2022

You're welcome!