Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Incident: 220731-000002 for error message dcm-1502

STCmlcSTCmlc Posts: 28 Participant
edited August 7 in Community Follow Up Aug 06, 2022

I can not set up a recording on my set top dvr box from the spectrum tv app , this started around the time of the update to the app prior to the july 25th update.i sent an email and did a chat. I have incident 220731-000002. How to i find out yhe status?

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 349 Moderator
    Aug 06, 2022

Hi @STCmlc, welcome to our community!

Sorry for the trouble managing your DVR. Unfortunately I do not recognize the format of that incident number.

Have you tried rebooting your DVR and the internet modem? Are you able to schedule recordings directly from the DVR? In the Spectrum TV app if you go to settings, and then devices, do you see your DVR listed?

• STCmlcSTCmlc Posts: 28 Participant
    Aug 06, 2022

Yes since the first issue we got a new dvr and internet modem, and both have been rebooted. We had an issue with the guide not populating and a technition sent the informaton to the field since the system in our house was fine.the problem is only with the app , we have android. There was an update to the app a couple weeks prior to the july 25th update. I dont know if that is related but the timing is about right. Our dvr set top box is working fine and we can schedule with no issues on that.

Aug 06, 2022

In the Spectrum TV app if you go to settings, and then devices, do you see your DVR listed? Can you test the app on a different device to see if it has the same issue?

Aug 06, 2022

Yes i can see the dvr box in the app. Have tried both phone snd tablet, one thing that i think may have changed is i think the dvr box used to be listed as stb2 and now it shows up as stb3, not sure what controls that.

Aug 06, 2022

I have sent a signal to your DVR. Will you please reboot both the modem and DVR one more time by removing the power cord for 30 seconds before plugging it back in, and wait for everything to come back on before testing the app?

Aug 06, 2022

Ok rebooted and retested

Is it possible that the definitions for the dvr box is pointing to the wrong box?

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 297 Moderator
    Aug 07, 2022

Thank you for the screenshot of the error, it's helpful! I do see that there's only one DVR associated with the account, the other boxes aren't capable of recording. Would you mind if we tried to set a recording from our end to see if we can duplicate the error?

Aug 07, 2022

Thats fine we have one recording scheduled and are watching that channel so you should be able to schedule a second one

Aug 07, 2022

Aug 07, 2022

Thank you. I was able to duplicate this on our end. I'd like to get this up to our app team to take a look at for you. I'm going to private message you so we can get some more information to get that sent to them for you.

Aug 07, 2022

Ok do you think its possible that the dvr is defined incorrectly, i thought the dvr box used to be stb2, now it shows 3 but i dont know if its a setting or if the app can detect which one is the dvr box

Aug 07, 2022

Each cable box would have their own device specific number that our systems use to identify it. The order that the appear in the app can change for a variety of reasons, from the account being synched with our systems or one of the boxes updating, but that name that is displayed is mostly so that you are able to identify which box is which if you have multiple DVRs and want a recording to go to a specific one.

Aug 07, 2022

Ok thanks, i think i lost the private message.

Aug 07, 2022

Updated the private message

Aug 08, 2022

Any updates? Anything else i can do?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,558 ADMIN
    Aug 08, 2022

Thank you so much! We would need to get some specifics on the device you're using and the app version in order to get this resolved as quickly as possible for you possible. Please see the previous private message for details.

Aug 08, 2022

I tried to go back to the private message through the email link and cant get in.

I did provide some information on the weekend please let me know what is missing.

Aug 08, 2022

Thanks. It looks like you accessing the Community on a mobile device and are not logged into the profile in the same browser your email uses to launch the message. Alternately, you can just open the Community where you are logged in and access messages from the envelope icon located on your profile.

Aug 08, 2022

ok i think i am logged in now, i still get the same error, where do i need to go?

Aug 08, 2022

Sorry about that, not sure why you are getting an error message. The private message should be accessible through the envelope mail icon on your profile.

Instead, can you just restart all three cable boxes (unplug the power for 30 seconds then plug it back in), then after they restart, restart your modem again? After the modem is restarted, please try setting a recording again. If you are still unable to manage recordings, please let us know what device you are using and if you have a different device you can test.

Thanks!

Aug 08, 2022

dont see any messages under the envelope icon, i have tested with 3 devices 2 phones and a tablet, all get the same error, spectrum tv app is version 9.4.0 with a build date of 07/21/22 and i am using a samsung phone, both s10 and s22 models have failed

Aug 08, 2022

i unplugged all 3 cable boxes and plugged them in one at a time then unplugged the modem and plugged it back in then tested the app and it still fails.

edited August 8 Aug 08, 2022

Thanks for restarting the devices. Regarding the private message, it looks like you selected "leave this conversation", which removes notifications and removes you from the private message. I have added you back, in case we need to contact you through private message again.

For the app, the most recent update was on 7/25/22. Please delete the app and reinstall the app and test again. Let us know the results.

Thanks!

Aug 08, 2022

after deleting the app and reinstalling i am still getting the error

Aug 08, 2022

Thanks again. We will need to send this to our video team for further investigation and ask them to follow up with you directly. We will add the contact number on your account to the ticket. If there is a better number to reach you, please reply to the private message previously sent with your preferred number.

Aug 08, 2022

ok thanks

Aug 08, 2022

@STCmlc

I heard back from our video team and they made a provisioning adjustment to the DVR's on your account that should resolve the issue causing the error you have been seeing. Please try testing the DVR recording feature from the app again. You may need to restart the DVR one more time. If it is still not working, we ask that you allow up to 72 hours for the provisioning change take effect. Either way, please let us know if you are able to use this feature again.

Thanks!

Aug 09, 2022

@STCmlc

A quick follow-up, please let us know when you have a chance to test recordings again. Thanks!

Aug 09, 2022

Rebooted the dvr box last night and again this morning, no change, still getting the error.

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 336 Moderator
    Aug 09, 2022

Thank you for trying that again @STCmlc ... Jamie's comment said it could take up to 72 hours so it is still within that window and may take another reboot. I would give it a while and try again. I apologize for the length of time.

Randy