Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Hurricane Ian Update

Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.

Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com

Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina

Phone activation porting number from Spectrum to Spectrum

InactivityInactivity Posts: 5 Spectator
edited September 14 in Spectrum Mobile Aug 09, 2022

I purchased a new device 12 days ago and activation was started in the store by a Spectrum employee porting my number from one Spectrum device to another. I have contacted Spectrum Support numerous times and have been provided varying degrees of information that it would take a couple hours, to 24-48 hours, to 3-5 days and 1-2 weeks as the Tier 3 ticket is being worked to resolve the activation. In the meantime I do not have cell service, what is the hold up?

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 370 Moderator
    Aug 09, 2022

Hello @Inactivity ! I was able to gather some information about your account with your registration information and do see the open ticket. What I can do is private message you to verify your account information and we can take this a step further. I will send you that message in the next five minutes or so.

Randy

• InactivityInactivity Posts: 5 Spectator
    Aug 12, 2022

Any updates on this? I received a callback from Ross on 08/10 who indicated it was showing as Activated on their end however I still cannot access a mobile network. Going into my third weekend without the ability to call or text!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,652 ADMIN
    Aug 12, 2022

Good morning,

The communication we received is that the device should be fully functional. Can you try restarting the device, as well you may need to remove the SIM card, reseat the SIM card and then restart the device. Let us know if it is still not resovled and we can reach out to our mobile contacts again.

Thanks!

Aug 12, 2022

I have completed the requested steps and it is not resolved.

Network & internet indicates Calls & SMS Spectrum (Temporarily unavailable)

Aug 12, 2022

Thanks. I have sent another email to our mobile team and asked them to follow up with you as soon as possible. You may also want to to try calling mobile support again since it may now be a simple fix to resolve the issue. Also, since I am seeing two devices (old and new device), can you confirm the device you are activating (make / model only), just in case wires got crossed?

Aug 12, 2022

Trying to activate the Moto G, the Samsung was damaged and is now inoperable.

Do you want me to call the 800 number or the gentleman who contacted me 2 days ago?

Aug 12, 2022

Thanks for confirming. The Moto G is the device I am seeing as active, so the device is correct. If you have the direct contact number, then I would suggest trying that first. I did send the email request, but sometimes there can be a delay with email.

Please keep us updated if you are able to get the phone working.

Aug 12, 2022

This has now been resolved, somewhere along the line the IMEI attributed to this number was incorrect, fortunately was able to connect with a support person who recognized the error and was able to get the correct number entered to resolve the issue.

edited August 12 Aug 12, 2022

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the issue has been resolved!

Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have a question.

This discussion has been closed.