Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Nightly Disconnects

S_smith0000S_smith0000 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 14 in Connectivity Aug 11, 2022
This discussion was created from comments split from: It's not just your app.

Comments

• S_smith0000S_smith0000 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Aug 10, 2022

Every night for past three, internet service has gone down. Losing work time. For what spectrum charges for this service, it seems they could maintain connectivity. Fix this n

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 367 Moderator
    Aug 11, 2022

Good afternoon @S_smith0000 and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I was able to find your account with your community registration info. I do see some downtime on the 8th with some timeouts in and around that time (close to midnight) but haven't seen any in the system logs since. I also saw the modem has been online for over three days now.  Try unplugging the power, and unscrewing the coax for about 20 seconds. Then, screw the coax back in and then plug the power back in. Also, check the coax cable connections from the back of the modem through to where it screws in on the wall (including splitters if there are any on the line). Make sure the connections are finger tight and there are no kinks/pinches in the wire.  It would also be good to reboot the wifi router at the same time to give them both a clean slate to work from.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.