Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

Please add email body text to spam filtering

FungusFungus Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 14 in Email Aug 13, 2022

I'm plagued with spam / scam emails with constantly changing FROM addresses, making filtering on that impossible. However, the message body is always loaded with this kind of hex garbage:

Score extra 30% off sale with code LT30JULY=CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD= =8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C= =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F= =E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C =CD=8F=E2=80=8C=CD=8F=E2=80=8C

If we could filter on just "=CD", which appears in all of them, it would be far more effective.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Aug 13, 2022

Hello @Fungus and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your suggestion, I will be certain to pass that along. One thing I would recommend, if you are not doing so already is to use the Mark As Spam button so that our filters can continue to improve at catching stuff like this. Spammers are continuously getting better at changing their tactics to get around filters.

Thank you.

Paul_B

• FungusFungus Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited August 15 Aug 15, 2022

Ok, I've started using the mark as spam feature, but I thought that only moved the stuff to the spam folder.

Side note: I just marked about a dozen items, and then noticed that all my emails before July 2022 have disappeared. What happened? (This is for ********@charter.net) Not a big loss, since I still have them all in my local email client.

This discussion has been closed.