Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Hurricane Ian Update

Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.

Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com

Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina

Spectrum App availability on Google TV

BellaAudioBellaAudio Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited September 7 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for Other Devices Aug 16, 2022

I just purchased a new sony tv equipped with google tv. When I go to the google play store it says the Spectrum app is not available for google tv. I understand that I can use chromecast to stream from my phone to the tv, but I don't want to depend on the phone to stream content to the tv. Why is the spectrum app not available on google play store yet for TVs with google TV? Any plans for making it available soon?

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 370 Moderator
    Aug 16, 2022

Good morning @BellaAudio and great question! We do not have information on if and when the app would be able to install on Google TV's. Different vendors have different agreements on where the app is available where. I have no idea if this is in the same ballpark but it would surprise me if for whatever reason Google wanted to promote their own TV streaming service for their TVs and not offer the Spectrum TV app for a time. Again, that, at best, is an educated guess. It wouldn't surprise me if they give that platform priority on Google TV's. Especially if there is a free trial incentive for buying such a TV. another example is we have an app version for some Amazon devices but not all.

I wish I had more information but I would be glad to pass along your feedback. Visit this page from time to time to see if any new devices are available to stream with.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.