Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

Favourites

gjbkirkgjbkirk Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 7 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for ROKU Aug 16, 2022

Allow me to state that not being able to have the app REMEMBER (default) the Favorites Option or any other that can be selected totally waters down the convenience of setting favorite channels.

Also, what sense does it make that if you select a channel say CBS on channel 4 you dont want all the CBS channels to be tagged as favorites, this makes scrolling through the favorite channels tiresome especially since all the CBS channels are the same. Favourites should be a short list of only the specific channels that user selects.

PLEASE ASSIGN THIS TO HIGH PRIORITY..

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,686 Contributor
    Aug 16, 2022

Welcome to the Community! @gjbkirk!

If you really want more control of your Favorite Channels, I would recommend renting a Spectrum receiver instead of using a ROKU. The filters on Spectrum boxes will be better, and closer to what you are seeking.

Satch

• gjbkirkgjbkirk Posts: 3 Spectator
    Aug 16, 2022

I have two DVR's and they do filter channels a little better, however what cant the ROKU software act better? I have several ROKU devices for locations where no hard wiring cable is available. After all as my old supervisor used to say software is free otherwise why would we put up with it?

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,686 Contributor
    Aug 16, 2022

Sup @gjbkirk?

Software can be free, or monthly to yearly subscription-based. A lot of companies don't like to deal with third-party hardware and third party software. Users are free to use that. But keep in mind that phone rep CSR's and service techs may have limited knowledge about software and hardware that is not theirs.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.