Advanced Search Options
We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Frequently Asked Questions
(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
When did Spectrum change the billing description from "Spectrum" to "Charter Services"?
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices
Hurricane Ian Update
Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.
Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com
Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina
Unable to activate Apple Watch cellular plan
It appears this issue has been ongoing for several months for all new Apple Watch customers. I’ve tried escalating this to higher support tiers without much help. The issue is that after purchasing an Apple Watch plan when you go to activate the cellular plan on the watch you cannot log into your Spectrum account to attach. Thus you are never able to actually activate a cellular plan on your Apple Watch.
Hopefully, this can get resolved soon, based on numerous forum posts, Reddit posts, and talking to support … this is an issue that’s affecting everyone and has been for months. Seems odd this wouldn’t be resolved or caught by management seeming as you’ve had no Apple Watch activations for months (this issue is customers cannot activate!!).
So here are the steps to re-create the issue:
1) Purchase an Apple Watch cellular plan, wait a couple of hours and you will receive an order confirmation email, along with steps on how to activate the cellular plan on the watch,
2) The steps state to open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone,
3) In the Watch app on your iPhone, select “Cellular” and then “Set Up Cellular”,
4) Another popup appears, select “Set Up Cellular” again,
5) A Spectrum website will appear with some information about activating your Apple Watch Cellular Service, click "Continue",
6) A Spectrum login appears asking for the Username and Password of your Spectrum account, enter the username and password used to purchase the Apple Watch plan.
THE ISSUE IS THAT YOU CAN NEVER LOG INTO YOUR SPECTRUM ACCOUNT
After you have entered your correct credentials, you will receive an error message ”The info entered doesn’t match our records. Please try again.”
Here is the screenshot of the exact error message:
Of course, I’ve gone through all the basic and recommended troubleshooting steps:
1) Reset username and password for Spectrum account. Doesn’t help. Positive I’m entering the same username and password that works on every other Spectrum login area.
2) Unpair Apple Watch, reset to factory, set up new. Doesn’t help. Just wasted like 30 minutes doing this only to get the same error message above.
3) Contact support. Doesn’t help. Most support I’ve contacted doesn’t even know what that screen is that’s causing the issue. THE SPECTRUM LOGIN REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE AN APPLE WATCH CELLULAR PLAN DOES NOT WORK. It’s not an Apple issue, it’s not an iPhone or Apple Watch issue. This is an issue specifically with this login screen and has been broken for months.
The only good news is that you are not charged for a plan purchased but not activated. So while I really do want my Apple Watch cellular plan to work, at least I’m not getting charged for it.