Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Anyone else having issues with pausing "Live TV" the Spectrum model 210 DVR ?

PeckPeck Posts: 4 Spectator
in TV Equipment Aug 25, 2022

The program will pause. After a few minutes the Spectrum screensaver comes on. After a few more minutes the screen changes to "Sorry we are unable to tune this channel Error STBA 3802 Call 833-267-6094" This happens on both DVRs. This trouble has been going on for a long time. The DVRs get rebooted/refreshed/unplugged The trouble seems to stay with the firmware. Tech was out and he could see and duplicate the issue. All cables and signals test good. He cleared the cache in both units and that didn't work. The firmware is the latest version. As I said to the Tech. "There must be someone at Spectrum that is using the same equipment and the family is complaining to them when they get home from work.".

Replies

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 67 Contributor
    Aug 25, 2022

That sounds more like a signal quality issue e.g. with whichever 256-QAM DVB channel it is that is carrying the MPEG-2 bit stream of the subject channel rather than a DVR fault. Whereby the picture freezes & then is completely lost as the MPEG-2 bit stream is lost. In which case, if it’s an HD channel, you may notice one or two or three other HD channels similarly affected at the same time. If it’s an HD channel, you could check your channel line-up to see if the channel is also carried in SD on another channel assignment &, if so, see if that comes in. If you have “tune HD” enabled, the SD channel number would normally alt-tune the HD channel but not when the HD channel is out (so you don’t necessarily have to disable “tune HD” to get the SD channel when the HD one is out.) I can only assume that the Spectrum tech checked everything out & determined the problem & determined it to be upstream from your drop & that your friendly neighborhood Spectrum operation is aware of the issue & is working on it. If the problem persists for more than a few days, i’d call Spectrum back.

• PeckPeck Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited August 26 Aug 26, 2022

HT_Greenfield

Thanks. I should think the tech would know that info. My question was if anyone else was having the same issues. The tech seemed to think not.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 67 Contributor
    Aug 26, 2022

My bad. Everybody please ignore my previous comment & focus on Peck's original post & let him know if you are having the same issue!

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,685 Contributor
    edited August 30 Aug 30, 2022

Hi Peck.

Welcome to the forum! I also suspect a likely signal issue either with your drop line, or perhaps further along in your node. Do you get this a lot when watching On Demand content? The World Boxes (boxes without clocks like the 210) are more sensitive to signal issues.

If you are still having problems, I would call Spectrum and get another tech out to check your drop line. Some techs might say the signals are OK when they are within reasonable range. But there are instances where the signals need to be good to great And I was thinking if you could call Spectrum and get your drop line updated, that might solve this issue. Box swaps won't solve bad signals. No equipment swaps will solve bad signals. This applies to cable boxes, modems, routers. The tech may have done a lot of things. But I would look at a work order request to replace the drop line. (Call, and say you had a tech out and the problem persists, and you need a second tech to check/replace your drop line.)

Peck, can you also post your zip code so that the mods can check if there are trouble tickets in your area for this issue if you are still having issues? Since it has been several days, since your post, has this been resolved? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Satch

• PeckPeck Posts: 4 Spectator
    Aug 31, 2022

Satch.

You and the others are probably right about it being a signal problem. I even sent a letter to the local Charter/Spectrum Tech service location they are just a couple of miles away. Right now I'm just a little tired of dealing with them. If I call they are just going to want me to reboot my equipment and they will do a refresh and then they will remotely check the firmware to see if it is up to date and then tell me that it is a known problem along with the 10 other issues with their DVR boxes. In the mean time they charge me a fortune for 2 DVR's (Model 200 series) that are old technology and it shouldn't be up to me to suggest to a cable tech on how to properly shoot a case of trouble on the outside lines. My "Drop Line" has been replaced 3 times in 15 years.