Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why is Visual voicemail not transcribing to my new Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)

DbmanDbman Posts: 6 Spectator
in Spectrum Mobile Aug 25, 2022

Accepted Answers

• JFC1945JFC1945 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Sep 02, 2022 Answer ✓

All the mechanical things like reinserting the SIM card, turning airplane mode off and on etc. are nonsense. The problem is with Spectrum.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 67 Contributor
    edited September 3 Sep 03, 2022 Answer ✓

Voicemail-to-text transcription is typically an adjunct service that is not automatically included with visual voicemail. The carrier & the VVM app have to support it & it typically has to be included in your service plan. Although VZW, for example, supports "Basic" VVM for "free," i believe you need "Premium Visual Voicemail" for Android (or "Voicemail to Text for iPhone") service to get voicemail-to-text transcription. I wonder if voicemail-to-text is included in your service plan or if Spectrum Mobile even offers it.

Replies

• DbmanDbman Posts: 6 Spectator
    Aug 25, 2022

I have been to local Spectrum store and they did not know how to fix this issue after they spent more than an hour to no avail. I have called Spectrum and the person I spoke to did not know and suggested go to Spectrum store. I contacted Motorola and they said to contact my Spectrum carrier.

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 367 Moderator
    Aug 25, 2022

Good evening @Dbman and welcome to the Spectrum Community. We have a support page on how to set up visual voicemail specific to your device. Check it out and see if that helps you get it set up.

Randy

Aug 26, 2022

I have changed pin twice so far, but it still did not help. Still will not transcribe. I can play the visual voice mail, but it wont transcribe any text.

Any other suggestions?

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Aug 26, 2022

Do you get a "Transcription not available" error? If not, what do you see when you select a voicemail?

Aug 26, 2022

I dont receive any error.

My visual voicemail shows name of who called, date, time, a slider bar with a triangle that allows me to play the message/turn on speaker, and under that my options of voice call, video call, send message, block/report spam.

Transcription only is what is missing. (my husband's phone also has the same issue and we just bought these a few days ago from Spectrum).

(There are no menu options in voicemail or phone settings to turn on a separate transcription toggle like my old motorola fusion plus phone did when I had a different carrier.)

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Aug 26, 2022

Thank you for the follow up post. Have you tried to reboot the phones and reseat the SIM cards in each device to see if that changes anything at all?

Paul_B

• MikeCBAMikeCBA Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2022

The issue might be with the phone. I have a Moto phone using AT&T and only half the voicemails transcribe

Aug 26, 2022

Yes, I have rebooted and reseated sim card, neither helped.

edited September 3 Sep 03, 2022

So I just called Spectrum and asked if they provided any type of separate add on service like Premium Visual Voice mail and they told me No they do not. They just provide basic visual voice mail. I guess I had to ask the right question, thank you all for your replies.

(Apparently, most other carriers provide it that I have found so far.)

Spectrum - when do you plan to add this premium service?

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 535 Moderator
    Sep 03, 2022

Hello @Dbman

I am not currently aware of any plans to do so, however, I can pass along feedback that you would like to see us add a premium visual voice mail service in the future.

Thank you.

Paul_B