Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

NFL Network keep buffering

Krock55Krock55 Posts: 5 Spectator
edited September 27 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Aug 28, 2022

NFL Network channel keep buffering been doing it for days now-

I have deleted the app- reinstalled

restarted modem and router- same issue will not stop!

can you please report this to the Network team?

thanks

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 452 Moderator
    Aug 28, 2022

Hi @Krock55, sorry to hear you are still having trouble with buffering in the app. I am seeing your speeds dropping while viewing the app resulting in buffering and errors on one device, but a stable connecting on another device.

How far from the router is the device that is having the buffering issue? Can you test something you can move around like a tablet or smart phone to test the app while right next to the router, and then right next to the TV, to see if there are any differences? You can also use that device to run a speed test to check for differences between the two locations.

• Krock55Krock55 Posts: 5 Spectator
    Aug 28, 2022

I live in a 759 sq ft studio apt!! It is literally 10 ft away! Not the issue! How is it I have no issues for a couple of weeks and then they start back up without me moving a thing? I can stream Netflix- HULU-etc, with no issues it is only the Spectrum App!! Also, it seems to be just happening on NFL Network channel now….. A month ago it was the Fox News channel and a moderator suggested remove the app and re-install which solved the issue! Now this, always something.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 452 Moderator
    Aug 28, 2022

I'm sorry, but problems can start at any time and can happen for a number of different reasons. The Spectrum TV app can be more susceptible to internet speed issues than other apps because it is providing a live feed that does not have any buffer to compensate for temporary drops or slowdowns. I have tested the channel from my end and am not getting any buffering. I recommend testing using another device, and running a speed test.

This discussion has been closed.