Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

New Mobile Phone Not Activating

Danu2uDanu2u Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 23 in Spectrum Mobile Aug 31, 2022

Bought 2 new iPhone 11 phones with new service. My phone was activated within 10 minutes. My husband's phone has been activating since 1:30 PM CST yesterday. I've connected with support twice and was told they have no idea why it's not activating, that they can't see anything other than it is processing, and that I just have to wait. Any insight that is more helpful?

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,641 ADMIN
    Aug 31, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi and welcome!

While most activations are fairly quick, there can be instances where the process is delayed. For direct support regarding activation, it is best to contact mobile support.

Thanks!

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 367 Moderator
    Sep 01, 2022

To add to Jamie's recommendation to call mobile support directly (best option) I know from my experience is that one of the numbers I was porting over wasn't unlocked. I thought both were but I went back in and the hang up was I still had one number locked with the previous carrier. I unlocked it, regenerated the transfer pin, called in and all good.

That may not be in your case but thought I would share.

Randy

• Danu2uDanu2u Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited September 1 Sep 01, 2022

Thank you, Randy. This is a brand new phone number from Spectrum. Day... whateverthisis with it still not being activated. I plan to call today to see if support can help via phone instead of chat. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 367 Moderator
    Sep 01, 2022

@Danu2u any time. I am sure they will get this taken care of. Let us know how it goes.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.