Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Visual voicemail on iphone11 not working

JFC1945JFC1945 Posts: 4 Spectator
in Spectrum Mobile Sep 02, 2022

I have been trying since May to get a fix for this! I switched from Verizon to Spectrum and purchased an IPhone 11. My voicemail is set up BUT the visual voicemail results in an error from Verizon and produces a text in system code instead of the voicemail. It is a carrier problem. I have called a dozen times and not once did the techs have an answer. This is a common problem according to other forums. Spectrum has to turn a switch off or on but no one seems to know what or where.

Replies

• JFC1945JFC1945 Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited September 5 Sep 02, 2022

This is what my visual voicemail looks like.

:::graphic edited out for containing sensitive info::: RS

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 67 Contributor
    edited September 2 Sep 02, 2022

That screenshot shows the messages app on an iPad. Visual Voicemail is what you see via the voicemail tab in the Phone app on an iPhone. Those SMS messages are actually voicemail alerts meant for Android visual voicemail. They'll show up as SMS messages, instead, when sent to an iPhone. I think you just need to call Spectrum Mobile directly & they should be able to re-up the SIM or iPhone activation to get that line of service to be recognized as being for an iPhone.

• JFC1945JFC1945 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Sep 03, 2022

I have my iPhone messages sent to my iPad. I copied them from the iPad because they were larger and easier to read.