Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Option to Install Spectrum Wifi Profile doesn't exist.

razorsouprazorsoup Posts: 6 Participant
edited October 11 in Troubleshooting the My Spectrum App Sep 04, 2022

According to all the help documents, in order to install the Spectrum Wifi Profile from the My Spectrum app I'm supposed to:

1. Select Account.
  2. Select Install Spectrum WiFi Profile.

but when I open account in the app the option to install the wifi profile doesn't exist there. This is using the My Spectrum app version 10.16.0 on Android 13. I am subscribed to spectrum internet, cable and home phone services already. How do I go about installing the profile so I can access WiFi hotspots away from home?

Tagged:

Comments

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 386 Moderator
    Sep 04, 2022

Hello @razorsoup

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry about the issues with the WiFi Profile. What type of device are you using?

• razorsouprazorsoup Posts: 6 Participant
    Sep 04, 2022

It's a Pixel 6 Pro, running Android 13.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 139 Contributor
    Sep 04, 2022

What happens if you go directly to the secure wifiprofile.spectrum.net website while connected to your Spectrum network at home? Can you get the config profile that way?

Sep 04, 2022

That site just tells me to download the app.

Sep 04, 2022

This is what I'm seeing in the My Spectrum app:

And these are the services I'm subscribed to:

For some reason I couldn't screenshot the app. I'm guessing that's a security thing. Luckily neither of those screens contain any personal information.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 442 Moderator
    Sep 04, 2022

I'm sorry,  this is a known issue impacting some devices. Our app developers are currently working on a fix and expect the fix will be included in a future update. There is no estimated release date available at this time.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 139 Contributor
    Sep 04, 2022

Thanks for the heads-up @razorsoup ! Check out the comment @jrockman posted earlier today in the discussion linked below. Who knows what all makes & models of devices in what all vicinities this forthcoming update is going to roll the config profile out to, but, if true, it shows that Spectrum is working on it & might soon be getting there.

https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/170844/can-t-install-wifi-profile-because-the-account-button-is-missing-on-the-app#latest

Sep 07, 2022

Version 10.17.0 which I received today did not resolve the issue unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.