Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

ESPN wont accept spectrum log in on firestick

KP4KP4 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 11 in Individual TV Network Apps Sep 11, 2022

was watching ESPN on firestick no problem. then later inday it showed not logged in. use log in and just keeps spinning. no problem other apps. unplugged everything, restarted stick uninstalled, reinstalled. Nothing help

Best Answer

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 46 Moderator
    edited September 11 Sep 11, 2022 Answer ✓

Good afternoon @KP4 and Welcome to our forums.

I apologize that you are not able to log in to the App. I was able to locate your account with your registration information. We are experiencing some concerns in your areas with the logins. We are working to get this corrected as quickly as possible.

-Lyn

Replies

• JJ17JJ17 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Sep 30, 2022

I’m having the same problem on my fire stick. It works on everything else and I can log into spectrum on other apps.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 575 Moderator
    Sep 30, 2022

Hello @JJ17 and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

What types of troubleshooting have you tried to resolve this issue? Have you rebooted the modem and router and uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that helps at all?

Thank you.

Paul_B

Sep 30, 2022

I’ve restarted and rebooted the fire stick, deleted the app and checked my log in. I do not have access to the modem and router because I live in a apartment building that includes cable and internet in the rent, so I’m only given the password to those.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 575 Moderator
    Oct 01, 2022

Hello again @JJ17

Are you receiving any sort of error message when you attempt to log into ESPN?

Thank you.

Paul_B

Oct 03, 2022

No, it just sends me back to the sign in page

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 402 Moderator
    Oct 03, 2022

Good evening @JJ17

When it comes to accounts that are provided to tenants, you wouldn't be able to login to third party apps because the account belongs to the property owner and not each individual. If you do have your own account, let us know and we can check for you by sending a private message to get your info. But given your earlier comment about the apartment building providing your services, I believe that is why you wouldn't be able to login to third party apps.

Good to meet you :)

Randy

Oct 03, 2022

I can log into other apps fine, it’s just ESPN I can’t log into.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 387 Moderator
    Oct 04, 2022

I apologize for the frustration. We have been advised that our app team is aware of the ESPN issue and they are working on getting a fix in place as quickly as possible.

• kmakilakmakila Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 01, 2022

Is this still an issue? We can't login here either.

• Kes10Kes10 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 01, 2022

i have the same problem. Is it related to the reCaptcha requirement? It doesn’t come up in the fire stick browser and then I get returned to the sign in page.

• phlyxphlyx Posts: 2 Spectator
    Nov 06, 2022

I have the exact same problem here in Florida. Signed up for ESPN+ and have Spectrum and ESPN+ askes me to log in to Spectrum and I show password and 100% typing in correct email address and password. It goes to the website tve.spectrum.net but it just blanks out the screen, then pops back up to the Spectrum log in screen and have to do it all over again.... and again.... and again. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted my Firestick, tried everything. I can log into Spectrum thru ESPN+ on my computer and on my cell phone, but ABSOLUTELY will not log into it on my Firestick.

FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!

• phlyxphlyx Posts: 2 Spectator
    Nov 06, 2022

Actually if on my computer I go to tve.spectrum.net (the website the ESPN+ app takes you to in order to log in to Spectrum) you just get the Spectrum logo and a never-ending spinning circle.

DEAR ESPN+, THE HANDSHAKING BETWEEN YOUR ESPN APP AND SPECTRUM DOES NOT WORK ON A FIRESTICK!!! THERE ARE 2 MILLION SPECTRUM SUBSCRIBERS RIGHT NOW AND YOU PREVENT THEM *ALL* FROM WATCHING YOUR STREAMS ON A FIRESTICK.

• Angry_DutchmanAngry_Dutchman Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 08, 2022

How has this not been fixed yet? Its been 3 months. When can i get what I’m paying for!?!

• MunchMunch Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited November 11 Nov 11, 2022

When I try to watch ESPN on my Firestick and need to log into Spectrum to authenticate it acts like it is working and then reverts back to Spectrum sign in page. I have verified password is correct, reloaded ESPN app, etc. etc. I have seen in previous posts that this has been a recent problem. Has anyone else been having this problem? Is there a fix?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,784 ADMIN
    Nov 11, 2022

@Munch

The app authenticates to your account using information from the modem. Restarting the modem refreshes the authentication and often resolves failed log in attempts.

• DAub205DAub205 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2022

I'm still having this same issue (and have been for months). When is this going to be corrected?

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 387 Moderator
    Nov 25, 2022

Hello @DAub205

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues logging in to ESPN. If the troubleshooting mentioned in the thread is not working, if you have access to a computer or mobile device that you can log in to ESPN on, you can link your ESPN login to your Spectrum account there and those credentials should follow you over to the Firestick once you login with your ESPN account information.

• pagodapagoda Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2022

Restarting the modem doesn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't work. Resetting the fire stick doesn't work. It is the same issue on the ESPN app and the ABC app. It asks you to log in to your provider and when you select Spectrum you just get a blank screen.

It has been going on for months. At least since September. Nobody seems to care or is concerned.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 444 Moderator
    Nov 26, 2022

Hi @pagoda! Welcome to our community.

Are you only having this issue on the Firestick?

Have you tried linking your ESPN account following Renee's instructions above?

Is the software on your Firestick up to date?

Can you try a factory reset on your Firestick? You will need to set everything back up on it as if it were new.

• AnealAneal Posts: 3 Spectator
    Today

How do I link my account as Renee suggests? On my phone it just spins too.