Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Apple Watch Activation Issues

allevineallevine Posts: 8 Spectator
edited September 20 in Spectrum Mobile Sep 19, 2022

Hello again!

I'm following up to my month long drama trying to get my Apple Watch activated.

My old issue was I was unable to login to the Spectrum Mobile website when I tried to add cellular to the watch (through the Watch app on the iPhone) -- that has since been resolved -- I can login now! The new issue is now I can navigate through that, now get a screen that say "Reactivate Apple Watch", say continue, then enter emergency contact info -- THEN I get a screen saying "Activation Error: We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again later."

Any ideas?

Replies

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 67 Contributor
    edited September 19 Sep 19, 2022

"Reactivate" implies that it had previously been activated. Had it been? If so, what prompted you to reactivate? E.g. did it inexplicably deactivate or are you just trying to update your emergency contact info or trying to pair it with a different iPhone or what?

• allevineallevine Posts: 8 Spectator
    Sep 20, 2022

Yes. I wasn't receiving phone calls so a Spectrum rep re-pinged (not sure on terminology here) my SIM card, which broke the Apple Watch cellular service on my watch. We tried to, unsuccessfully, add back service to my watch but it wouldn't work.

This problem went all the way up to Tier 4 support who told me a fix to the login page issue would come within 30 days. They then closed the ticket. That fix seems to have been made, but now I can't get past the "Activation Error" page.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,641 ADMIN
    Sep 20, 2022

Hi,

This continues to be a known issue impacting certain Apple devices. Have you also tried swapping the SIM card?

Sep 20, 2022

Apple Watch doesn't have a SIM card. Do you mean swapping the iPhone SIM card?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,641 ADMIN
    Sep 20, 2022

Correct, the SIM card on the device you are trying to pair with the Apple watch.

Sep 20, 2022

Okay, will try that. I'll go to the Spectrum store and do that sometime this week.

• sixdrumsixdrum Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2022

I'm having an almost identical experience. Months without Apple Watch, failing in the same way yours is. Spent hours on support. No resolution yet. Did a new SIM help?

edited September 23 Sep 23, 2022

Hey Sixdrum, I've got an appointment at 10:30 today. Will report back if they don't close this thread or delete my post.

It's (clearly) evident that Spectrum isn't set up correctly to handle Apple Watch on their back end, if you read other threads on this community and reddit, and it's ridiculous how much time and effort myself and others have put into fixing service issues with Apple Watch and Spectrum with no resolution.

Sep 23, 2022

Went to the Spectrum store, they switched out the SIM card, which did not help with activation on the Apple Watch. The rep (very nice guy!) then called Spectrum support. We tried a few other things, like unpairing the watch, changing a few settings on their back-end, etc -- nothing worked. He then opened up a ticket for me with a higher tier support and will be following up.

• AirmanAirman Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2022

I’ve been trying for a month to get the exact same issue resolved. Dozens of contacts with Spectrum and apple. Literally dozens of hours messing with the phone, and traveling to the Spectrum store. Very disappointed with Spectrum. Can’t get past the emergency contact portion of the install.