Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Daily Service outages. Why?

alePaleP Posts: 2 Spectator
in Connectivity Sep 21, 2022

Why are there daily service outages in my area? Everyday after midnight there will be a service outage and I have no internet. Does this happen to everyone else? When I log in to see my account I will have a service outage notification. Very upsetting to have this happen almost daily.

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Sep 21, 2022

Hi @aleP, welcome to our community!

Very sorry to hear about the problems you are having with our service. I was able to locate your account using your community registration and I do see there have been a few interruptions in your area over the past month, though I do not see them daily. Most interruptions are caused by things beyond our control, such as power outages, wildlife damage, lightning, falling trees/branches, car accidents, construction/digging, etc. We also do occasional maintenance work during late night hours to make sure the service works optimally at other times. Our technicians always work to complete any repairs and maintenance work as fast as possible.

If you have been losing service every single night I recommend rebooting the modem and router, and checking to see if the online light on the modem is turning off when you lose connection. Please keep in mind our app may provide alerts for issues beyond internet outages, such as issues only impacting a single TV channel. You can select view more details on the alert to verify if it is an all services or internet outage.