Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Unable to add cellular plan to apple watch

rockdevourerrockdevourer Posts: 2 Spectator
in Spectrum Mobile Sep 21, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to add 2 watches to my account. I’ve tried going through settings -> add cellular plan and it asks for my login and then says it doesn’t match. I’ve also tried doing add a line with the IMEI but it states that it isn’t compatible.

Both watches are the new Apple Watch SE, customer service pointed me to sales, and sales was unable to add it either.

Anyway around this?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,641 ADMIN
    Sep 21, 2022

Hi & welcome!

Not all Apple watches are compatible with Spectrum Mobile. What is the model of the Apple Watch SE you are trying to add?

• rockdevourerrockdevourer Posts: 2 Spectator
    Sep 21, 2022

The one that just came out and Spectrum sells as well.

The model is A2727 (Watch SE Gen 2)

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,641 ADMIN
    Sep 21, 2022

Thanks. Unfortunately, that model is currently not compatible with Bring Your Own Device.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 67 Contributor
    edited September 23 Sep 23, 2022

Who knows if or when Spectrum Mobile will support the new Apple Watch SE via BYOD but i’m afraid you might not be able to find out, for sure, as long as you’re getting the authentication fault. @rockdevourer, i’d contact Spectrum Mobile directly & try to get THAT resolved. I think the “add a line” function you tried as a workaround might only be for phones & the IMEI check therein might only pass for unlocked phones.

https://www.spectrum.net/support/mobile/apple-watch-activation