Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

BYOD Apple Watch 6 Unable to Activate Cellular Service

troutmandtroutmand Posts: 3 Spectator
in Spectrum Mobile Sep 22, 2022

We have 2 Apple Watch 6 devices that we switched over from Verizon to Spectrum. We are having problems activating both of them. One is getting an error message when attempting to login to my Spectrum account stating 'The info you entered doesn't match our records. Please try again' I am positive that I am using the same login credentials that I use with the app and on my laptop at spectrum.net. I contacted customer service and the agent said they opened a ticket for Tier 3 activation, but I have not received any email or updates from Spectrum. The other Apple watch does not even get to the point of entering login information, it is simply spinning and nothing happens. Debating on whether we should have switched from Verizon to Spectrum. I have 2 iPhones that activated with no issues, although I am concerned about the 2 remaining iPhones I need to activate since the are older models (but confirmed to work on the Spectrum network). Any update on the known issue with BYOD Apple Watches?

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 504 Moderator
    Sep 22, 2022

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

Not all devices will be able to be used as a bring your own device with Spectrum Mobile. You can go to this link to get further information about BYOD. You can also check the compatibility of the device at this link to check if the device is able to be used on our service.

For further help you would need to call in to 1-833-224-6603 to speak with the mobile department directly.

-Tyleen

• troutmandtroutmand Posts: 3 Spectator
    Sep 22, 2022

@Tyleen_Z Both watches were verified and confirmed by IMEI numbers to be compatible. I will contact the mobile department directly.

• troutmandtroutmand Posts: 3 Spectator
    Today

Any idea how long it takes to resolve the issue that many are having with Apple watches? I still have 2 Apple watches that I am unable to activate the cellular service.