Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Apple Watch Activation Issues

AirmanAirman Posts: 4 Spectator
edited September 28 in Spectrum Mobile Sep 28, 2022
I’m in the same boat I received a watch from Spectrum on 8-28-22.

it was a birthday gift for someone who’s birthday was 9-1-22. Still no resolution. I’ve probably waisted 25-30 hours doing anything and everything to make my new watch, and a byod watch work for over a month now. I don’t appreciate Spectrum waisting my time. The people at the spectrum store, on the phone, and online insisted this was an apple issue. Clearly it’s not.

I’ve reset my watch, paired unpaired the Watch. Reset my phone, anything and everything. Apple mirrored my phone, and checked everything. They said it clearly a Spectrum issue. This has turned into a huge waist of time. It would of been nice I f Spectrum would of been up front about their issues. I’ve waited for one to two hours multiple times to even get ahold of Spectrums online support.

I don’t mind waiting, if there’s a fix in the works but I do mind being lied to multiple times. It’s sad that businesses can’t be honest with you when they are working on an issue like this. I would be a lot happier if a month ago they told me it was Spectrum’s problem, and not Apple.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,772 ADMIN
    Sep 28, 2022 Answer ✓

@Airman

Sorry for the ongoing frustration. I moved your comment to a new post. I was able to locate your account based on your registration information and I can see that your issue has already been escalated. There is a known issue with Apple Watch activations, unfortunately there is not a timeframe currently available when the issue will be resolved. I will provide an update when one becomes available, and for additional assistance, we recommend calling 1-833-224-6603 to speak with the mobile department directly.

Replies

• AirmanAirman Posts: 4 Spectator
    Sep 28, 2022

I am fine with waiting. I just don’t appreciate how spectrum told me it was an Apple issue a month ago. I’ve waisted a lot of time, and gas driving to the spectrum, and apple stores. I will wait and see plus make payments on a watch that doesn’t work as it should. I’m just tired of dealing with Spectrum.

• AirmanAirman Posts: 4 Spectator
    Oct 14, 2022

Still no resolution to what seems like a simple issue to fix. Spectrum is in the tops of poor customer service in my book. It’s not nice to make payments on a watch that doesn’t work as advertised.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,772 ADMIN
    edited November 11 Nov 11, 2022

@Airman

Update 11/11/22

We heard from the mobile team and here is the solution for Apple Watch activation issues:

For customers experiencing an issue activating Apple Watch, repeat the activation process but first disable auto fill on your device being used to authenticate your account. When prompted, enter the username and password manually

If you are still experiencing an issue, please start a new post or contact Spectrum Mobile directly