Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

"All Dropped Packets" Interrupting Someone's Game

fmarogliofmaroglio Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 25 in Connectivity Sep 30, 2022

Hi, I have someone in my household who says he's getting all packets dropped on his game and that puts him back in his lobby and interrupts his session about twice a day. He says its for about 10-30 seconds 6 hours apart and his wife said her video buffers at the same time so it affects her too even if he's not on WiFi and she is on WiFi. He used some program called WinMTR and said "it stopped just after the router" when it dropped. I'm usually watching cable in the evening so I don't notice this but I can have him further troubleshoot his issue if anything can be done and I already told him to reply with whatever you need. He also got all our router modem stuff himself so it's not your equipment.

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 513 Moderator
    Oct 01, 2022

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

First I would suggest to reset the modem and the router by unplugging the power cord and coax cord from the modem and the power cord from the router for 30 seconds then plug them back in.

If the issues still happen after that you can have them test the connection first wired to the router then to the modem to see if they can narrow down where the issue might be. If the issues don't happen with just the modem but do with the router then the router may need to be replaced or the settings updated.

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.