Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Trying to troubleshoot constant extreme ping issue.

momt33momt33 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited November 1 in Connectivity Oct 01, 2022

Good morning,

For the past month or so, I have been getting insane ping spikes and packetloss. Its not limited to a certain game or server, if I go to any online ping test site, it will spike from 500ms to 1500ms consistently, does not matter the time or day. I have tried troubleshooting on my end, replaced routers and modems but no luck. Same problem occurs wired and wirelessly. Techs came down 4 times but they cannot find an issue with the signal. Not sure what else I can do to troubleshoot this issue at this point. Would appreciate it if someone here would give me some advice.

Example ping test below.

Tagged:

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 575 Moderator
    Oct 01, 2022

Hello @momt33 and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I was able to locate your account from your forum registration details and I have taken a look at your modem. I am not seeing issues with the signals going to your modem.

With the ping issues you're seeing, do you notice if your general web surfing is being affected?

Thank you.

Paul_B

• momt33momt33 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Oct 02, 2022

Hey Paul,

I think spectrum might have done some work in the area last night, there was a 4 hour outage. I'm no longer getting ping spikes. Looking good so far!

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 457 Moderator
    Oct 02, 2022

Glad to hear, if there is anything further that we can assist you with please let us know. Have a good one!

This discussion has been closed.