Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Ported number not working for last four days.

AAJA_JohnsonAAJA_Johnson Posts: 3 Spectator
edited November 1 in Digital Phone Oct 03, 2022

Can someone help me with getting my fiber home phone working? A new telephone number was ported but now the message that you get when dialing the number says it's not connected. The last ticket for Eng. Support said it shows it working but it seems like the switch isn't working so calls do not go through.

Accepted Answers

• AAJA_JohnsonAAJA_Johnson Posts: 3 Spectator
    Oct 05, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

Good news, it's working!

A service technician and the Field Operation's Supervisor stuck with the problem until they fixed it.

I think they tried one or two fiber modems and stayed on the telephone with their support team until it worked.

I appreciate the time they put in, about 2.5 hours, to fix the ported telephone problem. It took perseverance!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,808 ADMIN
    Oct 05, 2022 Answer ✓

Thanks for the update and glad to hear the phone is working for you. It is also good to hear that the techs assigned were able to meet your expectations. Please keep us in mind if you need anything or have questions in the future.

Replies

• AAJA_JohnsonAAJA_Johnson Posts: 3 Spectator
    Oct 03, 2022

Oh, when I talked to Provisioning Activity Center they say they aren't authorized to make changes on Charter's telephone accounts, is this correct?

I've had three people over the last four days say they would call me back. So far none have. I've got a service tech scheduled to come out tomorrow. The last two times they said they couldn't do anything after calling their tech. support. I'm going to ask them to replace the fiber modem and set it up with the hope something starts to work. Ugh! What a nightmare. Nobody can fix the problem. Why? I've been working on porting this number for over a month. It took Frontier three weeks to finally unfreeze the account allow it to be ported. Now Spectrum for the last week can't get it to work, even though they say the hard part is done.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,808 ADMIN
    Oct 04, 2022

Hi & welcome!

Sorry for any issues with your phone service. Our moderation team does not access to the tools needed to fix this issue. Since this issue has already been escalated, there is service call scheduled, and there is an open ticket, it is a matter of waiting at this point. Please let us know how the service call goes.

This discussion has been closed.