Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Apple Watch won't activate

ctmctmctmctm Posts: 3 Spectator
in Spectrum Mobile Oct 04, 2022

I'm having the same issue that others have reported on this forum and elsewhere, that when I try to activate the cellular service on my Apple Watch, I get an error about my credentials not matching what's on file. My credentials are correct from what I can tell — I'm able to log in to the Spectrum App, website, etc.

I've called Spectrum Mobile support about this a few times and none of the folks who helped me were aware that this issue is happening to more watches than just mine! Unfortunately no one has been able to help me over the phone and I can't spend any more time on hold, repeating myself to new agents, etc.

I've seen other people post on this forum and get replies that their case has been escalated and that someone will reach out with an update — I'm hoping that someone at Spectrum Mobile support sees this post and opens up an escalation for me.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,772 ADMIN
    Nov 11, 2022 Answer ✓

Update 11/11/22

We heard from the mobile team and here is the solution for Apple Watch activation issues:

For customers experiencing an issue activating Apple Watch, repeat the activation process but first disable auto fill on your device being used to authenticate your account. When prompted, enter the username and password manually

If you are still experiencing an issue, please start a new post or contact Spectrum Mobile directly

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,772 ADMIN
    Oct 05, 2022

Hi & welcome!

Sorry for any activation issues. I was able to locate your account with your registration information. I can see that an escalation has been initiated and there is currently a ticket open for this issue. A representative from Spectrum Mobile should be n contact with you soon. If the issue is not resolved in the next few days, please let us know.

• ctmctmctmctm Posts: 3 Spectator
    Oct 05, 2022

Thank you!

• ctmctmctmctm Posts: 3 Spectator
    Oct 08, 2022

Hey again @James_M — I haven't heard anything yet from support, do you know how long I should expect to wait? My Watch still won't activate, and one of my cellular lines appears incorrect in the Spectrum app (i.e. it says that the line is not active but it is). A few thing that ARE working is billing: I'm told that my bill is due in a few weeks, and the data is being throttled on one of my lines (the one that shows as inactive when I sign in to my account) because I've used 5 GB. I really need to get this resolved: I need to activate the service on my watch and have an accurate view of my account when I sign in to check on my data usage.

I realize I sound frustrated, and I am — not with you or any other individual who works at Spectrum, but with the overall experience I'm having.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 575 Moderator
    Oct 08, 2022

Hello@ctmctm.

I apologize that you have not heard anything regarding the ticket yet. I have sent off a message to our mobile contacts asking that someone please review this and get in contact with you. Someone should be following up with you within 24-48 hours. If you do not hear anything, please post back here so that we can check into the status of the escalation.

Thank you.

Paul_B

• russrob84russrob84 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 29 Oct 29, 2022

I finally found how to get it working you have to call sales, they will setup a "new line of service" for the apple watch, they will add the watches imei to the account, then you can add with the apple watch app, whole process took and hour or so. I called 844-853-3660, she got everything setup then you have to wait for the "order to provision" which is why it took about an hour. Good luck and hope you get this, I was really aggravated getting this working too, other phone companies have issue getting them to work as well.

• TdfarnesTdfarnes Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2022

I had the same problem. Login didn't work when prompted. What got it working for me was going to the spectrum website and verifying my imei then ordering service through the website. Once the order was complete I waited till I got a message saying that it was done processing and that I could go into the watch app to activate. It still made me log in but this time it was successful and was able to continue on until fully activated.