Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

App won't launch on my Android device

CSJ78748CSJ78748 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 15 in Troubleshooting the My Spectrum App Oct 07, 2022

After the last two updates (installed the latest this morning) I am unable to open the app on my Samsung Galaxy S20. It closes immediately after clicking the icon. This issue started a little over a week ago with the previous update.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,772 ADMIN
    Oct 07, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi & welcome!

We apologize for the frustration. Our app team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. Please look for a future update to address this issue. I can provide an update here as well, when one is available.

For alternate ways to pay your bill, please visit How to Pay Your Bill - Quick and Easy

Replies

• hotcoffhotcoff Posts: 2 Spectator
    Oct 17, 2022

Same problem here, unable to load on Samsung S21. Spoke with tech support for over one hour, no resolution of problem. Comment from admin on 7 Oct states their app team is aware of issue and working on a fix. 10 days later and still no fix? You would think with all the Android phones they would have a fix by now. However, doesn't surprise me as I have been a Spectrum customer for many years and they are always slow to fix any app problems.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 386 Moderator
    Oct 18, 2022

Hello @hotcoff

Welcome to the community! While I know that a fix has not been rolled out yet since our app team is still working on testing the fix to make sure that it doesn't cause any other issues, we have been advised by the app team that it appears to be an issue with Dark Mode being enabled on the phone. Are you able to turn off Dark Mode in the phone settings and then try the app again?

• hotcoffhotcoff Posts: 2 Spectator
    Oct 18, 2022

Dark mode is turned off, still won't load.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,772 ADMIN
    Oct 18, 2022

@hotcoff

Thanks for the information. Please look for an update in the near future to address this issue.

This discussion has been closed.