Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Can I drop TV select and keep Sports View?

pattykakespattykakes Posts: 2 Spectator
edited November 2022 in Channels & Programming Oct 12, 2022

Accepted Answers

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,861 Contributor
    Oct 12, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @pattykakes,

Welcome to our Community!

A mod might need to double check this, but I don't think you can drop Spectrum Select and keep Sports View. Spectrum Select represents the minimal amount package for Spectrum CATV services. In order to get the Ala-carte stations like Sports View or Entertainment view. subs must start with Spectrum Select. It is the foundational backbone for Spectrum CATV services.

The other reason is that station owners mandate a certain level of programing to be broadcast at the Select level. A moderator might be able to run a check and see if there is level lower than Spectrum Select from which Sports View can be added. But if it exists, it is not advertised or promoted. Spectrum Select gives a strong value in programing starting points as advertised. All packages above Spectrum Select can be added Ala-cate. All premium channels are also Ala-carte.

Satch

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 528 Moderator
    Oct 13, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community. The information above given by Satch is correct. There is not a way to just get one of the a la carte channels or packages. All packages include at least a basic level of service which is locals and some other channels.

You can call in to customer service at 1-855-707-7328 to see if there are other options that may work better for your needs.

-Tyleen

Replies

This discussion has been closed.