Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

The DVR section of the Spectrum TV app displays Spectrum Receiver Unavailable

MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Posts: 4 Spectator
edited November 15 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Oct 17, 2022

I'm running the Spectrum TV app on my Samsung S7 with Android 8. When I click the DVR icon, the app displays the error "We're sorry, we're unable to connect to your Spectrum Receiver". The error message ends with DCM-999.

This used to work on my phone. Everything else about the application works fine, including live TV. In fact, I can even start and cancel a recording from the Guide.

I've tried re-installing the app and restarting the DVR.

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 390 Moderator
    Oct 18, 2022

Hello @MHSwizzleStick!

Welcome to our community! I was able to locate your account using the information provided when registering for the community. Are you able to reboot the modem and router and then try to launch the app again? It's possible that the app is out of sync with the home network and that is what's causing that error.

• MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Posts: 4 Spectator
    Oct 18, 2022

Thanks for replying.

I used the My Spectrum app to restart the modem. When it was back online, I restarted the router. The Spectrum TV app still got the same error. Then, just in case, I also restarted the DVR, but it still didn't help.

I'm running version 9.9.0 of the Spectrum TV app.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,792 ADMIN
    Oct 18, 2022

Hi -

Do you have another device you can test, maybe a tablet or laptop? Also, do you see the DVR when you access your account from the My Spectrum app?

Oct 18, 2022

I tried logging on to https://watch.spectrum.net and clicked on the DVR tab. It displays the error "DVR Info Unavailable on This Device. Please view and manage your recordings from your Spectrum Receiver. Reference Code: WRDV-1000".

I don't have a tablet or another phone. I do have a Windows 10 laptop, but other than using a browser, I don't know how to use it to control my DVR (the Microsoft Store doesn't have a Spectrum TV app).

I do see my DVR in the My Spectrum app.

Oct 18, 2022

Thanks. Can you try removing the coax from the DVR, then unplug the power, then reseat the coax and plug it back in, then after the DVR reboots, check to see if you can access it from the app?

Oct 18, 2022

WOW! Without having done anything further at all, I just tried it again and it suddenly works. Go figure,

Anyway, thanks to all who responded to my problem. Much appreciated!

Oct 18, 2022

Thanks for the update! Let us know if the issue returns or anytime you have a question.

This discussion has been closed.