Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Request: Change guide filters from "press and hold" back to a regular button press instead

sedalesedale Posts: 4 Spectator
edited November 2022 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for ROKU Oct 17, 2022

I use a third party universal remote that enables control and coordination of all devices in a rather complex home theater setup in a much simpler manner - "press and hold" navigation is not supported - there is no way to program it. This has been a nuisance since the update awhile ago that changed the guide filters to "press and hold ok" for guide filters as using them would require going back to a separate remote for the roku - which is not a tenable solution for the wifey. It would be greatly appreciated if this option was reverted back to a regular button press such a left press from either the main screen or from the left end of the guide view as it was before.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,850 Contributor
    Oct 18, 2022

Hello @swsandeL

Welcome!

Unfortuntaly, third party hardware like Roku and third party remotes are not supported by Spectrum. You would need to rent a traditional cable box or DVR and Spectrum remote to get the full functionality of features from the guides. With better feedback support for the development team to consider.

The designers can't really develop features for hardware that isn't theirs.

Satch

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 193 Contributor
    Oct 18, 2022

@sedale it says here that you can still jump from Live TV to the filters by pressing ◀️ twice, in case that helps.

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/explore-new-spectrum-tv-app-roku

Also, if the universal remote is high-grade enough, maybe a software or firmware update would add the missing function. Also, if there are any alternative codes available for the Roku, you could try them on the universal remote via the "manual" code entry method.

• sedalesedale Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited October 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Unfortunately that link refers to the old version of the app which worked perfectly for years for me. With the update they moved the "mini" guide to the right - left arrow push now prompts you to use right instead (doesn't do anything anymore), and another press of right gets the "full" guide. Obviously any further right presses scroll through the guide (also part of the update they added the ability to "paginate" up and down through the full guide, rather than one channel at a time, which was actually an appreciated change). The only way to get to the filters that I'm aware of now is to press and hold ok after bringing up the guide; so what I am requesting is essentially to go back to something similar to how it was before; not for something new and specific for my hardware; just something more flexible than the press and hold, as was the case before sometime around spring earlier this year, if I recall correctly. If they could just bring back the left button functionality as it was, rather than prompting to hit right for the mini guide, that would work. But it sounds like when it comes to feature requests you just hope what they're already planning aligns with your ideas.. I've tinkered with the remote side of things for awhile and haven't gotten anywhere, so just throwing out this request in case anyone else has the same issue.. I found one other post but it was closed, as it wasn't phrased as a feature request, so I'm here trying to make this an explicit feature request that some kind soul might "pass on to their team" for consideration..

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 433 Moderator
    Oct 18, 2022

Thank you for the follow up and feedback @sedale . Not sure how kind my soul is but I would be glad to pass along your feedback :)

Randy

This discussion has been closed.