Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Set video source to TV on spectrum remote

SomebodySomebody Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 23 in TV Equipment Oct 18, 2022

Is there a way to program the “video source” button on the spectrum remote to always send the TV mode video source signal?

ie. I have programmed the remote to always send the AUX mode volume signal, since all my sound comes through my AUX device. Even when I am in cable mode (changing cable channels or turning on power to the cable box) my volume buttons always adjust my AUX device.

I would like something similar for the « video source » button. I don’t want to have to switch to TV mode (by hitting the TV button) in order to change my TV’s input. I would like that button to effect the TV, regardless of my mode.

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 442 Moderator
    Oct 19, 2022

Hi @Somebody, welcome to our community!

The exact functions and capabilities of our remotes can vary between make/model. I do not believe any can be programmed to change a button to only be for a specific source, though some remotes may have a source button which only goes to TV by default. You can visit our Program your Remote page to see programming instructions and manuals for all the remotes, so you can check the capabilities of yours.

This discussion has been closed.