Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

What happened to Me-TV?

KruegersKruegers Posts: 3 Spectator
edited November 2022 in Channels & Programming Oct 19, 2022

Me-TV seems to have dropped from my TV Select package without warning or explanation. Is there any chance of getting Spectrum to bring it back? We really enjoyed the programming. I haven't been able to find any alternative way to watch it that doesn't require an additional paid subscription to frndy or Philo. Any suggestions or further info? Thanks.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,861 Contributor
    Oct 19, 2022

Welcome to the forum @Kruegers!

METV is a digital subchannel, who's station owners vary by market. You would have to search on line for "Who owns METV "in (your zipcode area.)

From the search results page, you would have to reach out via social media to the station owners of METV in your area, and let them know that you want the programing reinstated on Spectrum Cable in your zip code market. There are generally two reasons for why a channel, in particularly a sub-channel gets removed:

1.) The owners of the channel want too much money for Spectrum, (or any other vender provider) to carry the station) (New contact with Spectrum fell through) or

2.) The main station that carries the digital subchannel is sold to a different company, and Spectrum, (or any other TV provider in question) does not have a carriage deal with the new company to carry the sub-channel..

Best bet is to find out who the station owners for METV are in your area, and inquire why it got dropped from your line-up. You will probably get reason #1 or reason #2 above for your answer.

Question- On your guide, what programing has replaced METV in your area? Or is the channel just gone?

Satch

• KruegersKruegers Posts: 3 Spectator
    Oct 20, 2022

Thanks, Satch. Defy has replaced METV. Based on your hints, I confirmed that the local station dropped METV. Doesn't seem too hopeful that someone ese will pick it up. https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBay/comments/xu3aee/green_bay_loses_metv_television_station_for/

Oct 20, 2022

Hey Krugers,

Since you are out of the Green Bay market, you should just go out, buy a nice little TV, hook up an antenna,and you can get METV over the air from Milwaukee. METV is a great nostalgia channel! I would do that, rather than waiting for a new affiliate to get it, and than waiting for Spectrum to work out a contract with an affiliate to get it. Look on Amazon or Best Buy.

Satch

Oct 20, 2022

I don't know if this is possible or not.

Would Spectrum programing be able to import METV's Milwaukee signal on channel 19 in Milwaukee and Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin markets to the OP's area in Green Bay, Wisconsin?

Satch

• KruegersKruegers Posts: 3 Spectator
    Oct 20, 2022

I'm going to ask them. I already asked if they might consider making streaming available for those markets that lost the Me-TV broadcast. Thanks for all your help! Wish me luck. :-)

This discussion has been closed.