Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Intermittently blurry stream on Apple TV

CJ_TVCJ_TV Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 23 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Oct 22, 2022

My Spectrum TV App is burry/pixelated intermittently. I’ve had a service call. We tested my internet feed - no issues. We deleted and reinstalled the app - same issues. We rebooted the ATV’s - same issue. Happens on multiple ATV’s. ATV software is up to date. App software is the latest and greatest. The ATV’s are wired, not wireless, so it’s not my home WI-FI. Other apps (Netflix, YouTube, HBO, Amazon Prime, etc) don’t show the issue - they are consistently sharp. It does not happen 100% of the time, but I can’t figure out the cause. I’ve seen other threads on this issue in both Spectrum and Apple support feeds - no one seems to have figured it out. Please help, because this is driving me crazy and making me question whether Spectrum TV is right for me.

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 390 Moderator
    edited October 25 Oct 23, 2022

Hello @CJ_TV

Welcome to our community! When it comes to app issues it can be a bit tricky to determine the cause sometimes. Since our app involves live TV, it works a little different than the other apps you mentioned. Apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc are using pre-recorded content, so as you're watching the content is downloading in the background to prevent a smoother experience. It's why you'll still be able to watch for a few minutes even if the internet is turned off entirely, since it's already downloaded the content. With live TV, we're unable to do that so any internet issues would tend to show more.

I did take a look at the account and equipment using the information from your community registration. The modem looks great, all the signals are within range, and the logs aren't showing an abnormal or excessive amount of timeouts. Our information on the app stream isn't showing a high number of buffering events or incidences of the stream quality dropping. Since you are using your own router, I'm not able to log into it to check the settings. Even if the Apple TVs are using a wired connection, if there's a wireless interference issue it can cause issues with the wired connection as well. If you're familiar with logging in to your router, I would recommend taking a look at your wireless channel settings. If the router is set to "auto" for that setting, it can cause the router to cycle through wireless channels looking for the clearest one if there's an interference issue. Changing that to a static channel will usually help with that kind of an issue.

This discussion has been closed.