Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Local CBS Affiliate Issues

dman71dman71 Posts: 28 Contributor
edited November 2022 in Channels & Programming Oct 24, 2022

For the past week or more, all programming from my Local CBS channel (WTKR) has been cropped with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. This is the only channel affected and is not the fault of my equipment. It's rather annoying watching squashed programming. When i called Spectrum Support to report the issue, i was told by the Rep that it is a known issue and Techs were working to correct the problem. To date it has not been fixed. Can anyone confirm this issue?

Thanks

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,861 Contributor
    Oct 25, 2022 Answer ✓

What's up @dman71?

If it is a known issue, that means the rep saw that there is a troubleshooting ticket on the issue and ithas been escalated to the right people This might take longer than a week.Once in a blue moon, there are those stations that "revert" back to SD programing. Often times this is a transmission issue with the station's signal itself and not the TV vendor provider. Spectrum, like the other video providers, outputs the data given by the station.

For clairification, this is on your cable box, correct? If you have the Spectrum app installed, or you go to watch Spectrum TV at the website, is the station also in SD format there?

Satch

Replies

• dman71dman71 Posts: 28 Contributor
    Oct 25, 2022

Thanks Satch. I use the Spectrum App on AppleTV and it is the only channel affected. If i go to Paramount Plus App and select the local station (WTKR), the video is full screen as expected.

• dman71dman71 Posts: 28 Contributor
    Oct 25, 2022

@Satch Thanks for your info. See my above post. Any other info you may need, please advise.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.